10 - Problems

timeskip to exams

"Nurufufufu! I expect great things from all of you in tomorrows exams. Please continue studying hard and come early to school tomorrow! Class dismissed.

You packed up quickly and plugged in your earbuds to listen to 'data available on recent anti-matter research part 296'

While walking out the classroom, Karma joins your side and slides his hand into yours.

'Ever since the escape of test subject 222, scientists have shifted their focus on ways to prevent another crescent moon catastrophe. In todays report... the scientists made a small discovery: subjects who went through the complete procedure have a 0.01% chance of exploding. With this discovery, the scientists have considered subject 221 as a non-threatening creature as of now. Please be mindful of suspicious matters as we are still looking for test subject 222. That's all for today. BZP'

You wore a wide grin from left to right hearing the news.

This means that Koro-sensei is safe!

You started skipping towards the door, dragging Karma along. "Come on Karma! Let's get pudding today," you chanted happily.

"Alright alright, let's hurry to the train station though or else we'll miss it," he said.

"Orrr we could walk-?"

I really don't want a headache.

"Walk? It's like a 20 minute walk, are you gonna survive, princess?" Karma smirked.

"Yeah, I can give you a piggy back ride if your feet get tired, sir," you giggled.

He scoffed at the thought.

-

Karma's pov

As y/n and I arrived at the cafe, I smiled as memories filled my head.

"Can I get the 2 medium condensed milk pudding with caramel please? That'll be all. Thank you," y/n said while I paid for the food and looked for open seats.

"Heh, just like when we were kids, huh y/n," I said, observing the familiar grounds.

"Hm? What do you mean? This is my first time here," she replied.

'???'

"We used to come here every Tuesday. You know, when we were kids?" I said with concern.

"I don't seem to remember haha, sorry about that Karma," she said, scratching the back of her head.

"It's alright, better get that memory fixed for the exams tomorrow, I'm gonna beat you, remember?" I said while the waiter brought us the pudding.

"Mhm! And I said I'd let you take the spotlight this time. Don't worry, I'll still aim for the Top 50," she said suspiciously.

Why's she seem so distant?

Why has she forgotten?

Y/n continued eating her pudding happily. As long as she smiles I think I'll be alright.
Her bracelet sparkled on her left wrist as she spooned another serving. At least she remembers that.