Dunk

It was the 5th and I wasn't looking forward to going to family dinner. I was nervous and afraid that me and Chris will cause some attention.

I'm afraid that my brother and sisters will see right through us.

So I left two hours early so I can be the first one there and the first to leave.

While pulling into the driveway I noticed I was the first person here. I got to the door and rung the bell.

The door opened and I saw a big smile grow on my mothers face. She hugged me before speaking "Damita what are you doing here so early?" she asked looking in my eyes.

"Mom I couldn't wait to see you" I said hugging her again. Yes I wanted to see her but I also wanted to beat Chris. I felt guilty like I lied to her.

She walked me inside to the kitchen island and gave me chips. "Here are you hungry" she asked handing me the bowl of chips. "No Mom, plus I can't eat that kind of stuff you know."

She rolled her eyes, she thinks I take too much care of my body.

My body jumped as the doorbell rung.
"Are you scared" my mom asked giggling. "No I just wasn't expecting anyone else to come this early."

"Well that should be Michael. He volunteered to come early a and help clean while I cook" she said heading out of the kitchen.

I sat in the kitchen waiting for her to come back with Michael. "Janet look who I found" my mother said as I turned around excited to see my brother.

But instead I saw my brother and CHRIS. "Michael you brought... Chris right?" I paused acting like I didn't remember his name for a minute.

"Ha Ha you remember Chris" Michael said laughing.
"I bought him because I wanted him to meet the family but also to help me clean" he said.

Great there goes my plan I thought to myself.
"Hey Janet how are you" Chris asked me.

His dimples were making me weak. But I kept my cool before speaking. "I'm great, how are you? Did you meet my mother?"

"Yes Michael just introduced us. Isn't he cute" she said smiling up at him. He smiled at her then looked at me.

His eyes took my breath away. I had to catch my breath before answering. "Yeah he is and talented too" I said looking at my mother avoiding his eyes.

"Yes Michael told me he was talented. And I like his song too but I never knew it was him singing it. Your brother just told me that too" she said walking to the stove.

"And what song is that Mother?"
"His song Run It" she said smiling.

"You like Run It Ma?" I asked laughing, I was shocked my mother listens to Chris Brown.

"Go ahead and start cleaning while I cook before the rest of your siblings get here."

"Yes Mother" Michael said leading me and Chris into the dinning room.

"Chris set the table, Dunk can you dust for me?"
"Sure Michael" I didn't sign up for this shit.

"And what are you doing" I asked him smacking my gum. "I'll mop and sweep the floor" he replied.

It got quite while everybody was doing their chores. Till Chris spoke "What's a Dunk?"

Michael choked up laughing as I stopped dusting and shook my head. Michael turned facing Chris.

"I was mean as a kid, and I used to give Janet nicknames" Michael said making me feel embarrassed. Why does he have to tell Chris.

Michael continued "I called her Dunk... short for Donkey" I could hear him holding in his laugh.

I kept my back facing them as I dusted the room.
"Damn, and they still call you Dunk" Chris asked me.
"Yeah, but we're not there yet so don't call me that" I said keeping my back facing him.

"Don't worry Chris you can call her Dunk while I'm here. She won't do nothing" he said confidently.

"Yeah Michael what you gonna do" I said playfully turning around.

"Watch this" Michael told Chris smiling.