Chapter 13: The Start of Something New

I take a deep breath, nervous about the grand ball. I look at the mirror and examine myself.

I'm wearing a crimson ball gown that fits my bodice perfectly, as if it was actually made just for me. My brown hair is curled to perfection, thanks to the palace's talented hair stylist.

I didn't know that I could look like this. The simple makeup that covers my face brings out my hazel eyes, and I feel so sophisticated.

I hear knocks, so I quickly make my way towards the door.

"Hey, Stella. You look absolutely beautiful."

It's Philip.

He's wearing a tux that shows off his defined muscles. His hair? Perfect. And the smile on his face just makes him look even more breathtaking.

"Staring, are we?" He smirks,"shall we go, milady?"

"I-I wasn't staring!" I stammer, hesitantly taking his arm to lead the way.

We walk down a long flight of stairs before we reach the ball itself.

Hearing the various excited chatters and clacking of heels against the marble floor just makes me feel more nervous-if that's even possible.

"Hey, don't worry. You're doing great."

Philip's hot breath sends goosebumps down to my spine. My goodness.

"Thanks," I smile.

"Stella!" I spot the voice and see Emma in a simple yet stunning yellow ball gown. It suits her so well. She looks like Belle, the princess.

"Hey, Emma! You look wonderful!" I exclaim.

I look at Philip and find him widely smiling at Emma, eyes shining and all that. I then look at Emma. She blushes and looks down, obviously overwhelmed by the situation.

"I'll leave you two alone," I smile as I walk away.

I grab a drink and find myself looking a them. Emma was giggling at something Philip had said, and Philip looked so at ease.

Instead of feeling the huge relief that everything is going as planned, I find myself feeling upset.

Upset? Wait, why? With this happening, the chances of me going home are increasing. Do I actually want to go home?

Hot tears start streaming down my face and I quickly wipe them away. What a waste it would be, ruining the look the staff in the palace worked so hard for.

I manage to bring out a small yet sad smile. Going back home means facing the pain and sadness all over again, but it also means that this would be the start of something new.

~
A/N
I'm soo sorry for updating quite late! It's really been hard for me to write this one. Also a huge thanks to you guys! Over 891 reads and 63 votes! Absolutely amazing! Thaank youu and I love you guys! Please don't stop voting and reading all my upcoming updates!
(And yes hahahaha the title's HSM inspired!)

xoxo,
Cristelyn~