Chapter 8: Queen Amanda

I can't believe that I'm going to meet the queen, Queen Amanda! I have so many questions to ask her!

Philip's words come rushing back. "I can't believe that you're an Alterer too!"

So...that means there are more people like me! There isn't any reason to freak out or panic, right? Queen Amanda can help me! Yet, there's this bad feeling inside of me. What if Alterers are bad people? Does that mean that I'm...I'm not human?

My thoughts are cut off when I hear a door swing open. Queen Amanda, she's here.

A poised woman warmly smiled at me. She has wavy, black hair up to her waist, a pair of hazel eyes identical to Philip's, and a slim figure. She looks incredibly beautiful in her sapphire floor-length gown, silver jewelry, and shining silver crown. Just looking at her makes me so nervous, more out of place.

I give her a rough curtsy and instantly feel a pang of jealousy and embarrassment seeping through me. There she is, so stunning, while I'm just wearing my weird get-up, probably really messy already.

She smiles and gestures me to sit on the velvet chair right across us. We face each other with a coffee table between us.

I break the silence and say,"Your Highness, I'm really sorry to rush in and ask this but...what is an Alterer?"

She laughs softly and say,"Philip was right, you're quite a curious girl, aren't you? An Alterer is a special kind of person who possesses a special type of energy. That energy gives the Alterer what looks like a normal artistic talent, either in writing or illustration, but what is in truth the power to create a new world. When that world is imagined with one's powerful desire, it soon becomes the Alterer's own world. An Alterer can travel to his world with great passion and concentration. In your case, you have your way of writing to create your world, this world."

"I'm sorry, Your Highness, but are you saying that this is my own world and I happened to travel here? How do I get out then?"

"That's the problem, Stella. Going back to your real world is the hardest part of being an Alterer."

She must have noticed my questioning and worried looks and said,"Don't worry, dear, I'll teach you. You just need some time. When you're in your world, time stops in your real world. Now, you must be wondering why I'm in your world. You see, I've developed quite the character here in your world. Your tragedies made me an Alterer too, to help you. I had a vision of you coming here and helping you; you were so young when I had that vision. I'm here to help you, Stella. Consider me as your second mother. Let's start by you calling me Amanda, okay? All your formalities are making this awkward!"

I laughed,"Thank you, Amanda. I don't know what I'd be without you here."

She winked and excitedly said,"It's my destiny, Stella! I know that sounds cheesy, but it's true! Now, let's head to the library, and let's start our first ever lesson! You have so much to learn!"

~~~

I'm soooo sorry for the short and cliff-hanger chapter again! It's just...I have to pack up and do stuff for a trip I'm going to on Sunday! Yeah, that means I won't be posting for 7 days! Long wait, right? I'm sooo sorry! To make it up to you guys, I'm posting a special chapter tomorrow! Yayyy! Hang on...and read on! :D I promise, it's really worth it! I really did my best! And...I'm coming up with a new project! When? You'll find out soon! And yayyyy! Over 213 reads and 25 votes?! You guys did it again! I love you guyssss! Thank youuuu! Don't forget to promote, vote, comment, share, and of course...read on! <3

xoxo,

Cristelyn! ❤️🍓