Chapter 10: Mistakes

Heeeyyy guys! I'm baaaackkk! Yayyyy! Happy reading! You've reached Chapter 10! *the voice in video games* ;)

~~~

"Close your eyes and concentrate on the energy flowing inside you,"Amanda keeps saying,"then, try imagining a room with golden walls, mahogany desks, and a lot of tall bookshelves, a room with a royalty touch to it. You have to really want it to get there, Stella."

I've been trying this for hours and still can't get it right! I don't know what the problem is. It might look very simple, but my concentration keeps on wavering. I just...I keep on thinking about my real world, about Mom, Lindsay, Candice, Bryce, and, surprisingly, Philip. Philip...how kind he was to help me, why he brought me here instead of bringing Emma.

Wait, if this isn't a dream, what would happen to Emma? Isn't it that in movies, when a someone goes inside a world; in my case, a story; and alters something...oh no! That really snapped me out of my concentration. I try to forget it and concentrate once more.

Golden walls...mahogany desks... a lot of tall bookshelves, I engrave them all in my mind. I could feel the great energy flowing inside me. I gasp, feeling its pushing. I then shut me eyes harder and think...think...just think. I harness all that energy into the image Amanda has given me. I really have to get there...I want to, I think about that again and again.

I'm starting to feel dizzy, like the walls are closing in on me. I want to open my eyes to look, to see what's happening, but I can't. I have to maintain this concentration I have. So, I decide to neglect that feeling. Everything's going to be okay.

After that long, tiring routine, I feel a light tap on my shoulder. I open my eyes and immediately see Amanda's glowering face.

"Stella, dear, you did it! Look around you," she said, obviously full of pride.

I take my eyes away from her face and explore my surroundings. I'm in a big room with golden walls, mahogany desks, and a lot, and I do mean a lot, of tall bookshelves. There were also additional furniture like a crystalline chandelier, velvet curtains, and elegant dinnerware to add to the charm. Just...wow.

"Where are we?" I ask, awed with this picturesque room.

"Why, we're in the library, of course. You got us here! Congratulations, Stella!"

I can't sustain my "wow" from coming out of my mouth. As my mood starts to lift up and celebrate my accomplishment, I start to remember what I thought of a while ago. Emma...

Amanda must've felt my sudden change of mood because she starts to give me a worried look.

"What's wrong?" she asks me.

"I just...is it possible for an Alterer to change his world as he goes in?"

"Why, of course, that's why we're called Alterers, right?" she giggles those soft chimes of bells.

"I mean, what if an Alterer changes something in his world? By...um...changing some turn of events?"

"Well, that would mean that his world's events would change too, including the person included in that particular event."

"Wait...what would happen to the person?"

"It depends, it's either that person would go do the other turn of events or disappear. If that one changed event is the root of its majority roles, then he would just disappear," she snaps," like dust."

"Oh no, no, this can't be happening!"

I could hear Amanda's voice in the background, saying,"Stella? Why are you asking? What's wrong?"

I choose to ignore it; I can't stop thinking. Tears start welling up my face. No, Emma, kind Emma, gone?! She's been nothing but kind to me, and she just disappears, all because of me?! No! I shouldn't have went here. If I didn't, Philip wouldn't even bring me here in the first place. Emma and Philip would live happily ever after, and I'll be living a normal life, my life the way it's supposed to be.

"Stella? You're getting me worried! What's wrong?"

I look at her. My eyes are playing different kinds of emotions, pain, grief, guilt, and anger for myself.

"I think I did something wrong."

~~~

:O WHAT DID YOU DO, STELLA?! Stay tuned! :) Guys, thank you so much! I'm so far away from this world, yet you guys are still supporting me! The reads are still increasing! I hope you loved my previous chap, and all the other chaps! :) thank youuuu!

Lots of love, xoxo,

Cristelyn! ❤️🍓