Chapter 6

Percy

School was almost out. I wasn't a good student, not only were my grades bad, but I also stirred up trouble. That was due to the ADHD.

I had one class until Mr. Brunner's class, my favorite. We were playing a game. He explained it yesterday. We are going to have two people called up and they are going to race each other on the white board. The must write down as many facts as they can about a figure in Greek Mythology. They have a minute. Whoever has the most right answers wins.

I actually studied for Mr. Brunner's class, so I think I might win. The prize is candy. As if I am not fidgety enough.

I was handed a slip of paper. I opened it and read what was in my hands. Not easily though. The letters seemed to be dancing and that made it really hard to read.

I got the gist of it though, they didn't want me back next year. Actually, I wasn't welcome back, ever. That's just proof of the support and no child left behind thing they said in the beginning of the year.

This was not new, not in the least, but it did make my good mood a little bit worse. I sighed and went to class. After I got out of that class, which I probably failed, I got to go to Mr. Brunner's class. That was a plus.

I walked to the class and the whole period was fun. Drew and I went against each other and Drew was good. We tied. Then Drew and Grover played each other and Grover beat Drew. Bad. Although, I can't judge because he did the same to me.

I just don't have a question in Greek Mythology that Grover can't answer. It kind of made me feel bad because I really did study.

"Mr. Jackson, Mr. Carper, please stay a minute, will you?" Mr. Brunner asked as he wheeled his wheel chair over to us.

"Um, sure." I said. "Don't wait for me Grover, I will catch up." I said.

"Yeah." Drew said looking baffled as to why we have to stay. Drew had already told me he has ADHD and dyslexia, also.

"I think it's better you aren't coming back next year." he said. My favorite teacher just said he thinks it is better I got kicked out of this school? Great.

Drew looked down, and hurt. "Well, I guess it's good that we will be leaving soon then."

He walked off, I sighed an followed his lead.

"That was nice." he said with biting sarcasm.

Grover made his way up to us, annoyed at our fast pace.

On the way home, besides seeing three old ladies at a fruit shop, where we had minor technical difficulties, who cut the yarn to a huge pair of socks, looked at me and Grover almost had a heart attack, we all had the same ride, for now, Grover made us promise him that we would wait for him. I went to go to the bathroom, like he does when he is upset. We ditched him after exchanging phone numbers. I did feel guilty, but I wasn't in the best mood.