Chapter 27

Drew

We got into a taxi. We pretended like we had money and sat down. As soon as we got in the guy looked at us curiously.

"Las Angeles, please." she said.

"Got cash?" the driver asked.

"Will you take this?" Annabeth asked.

He shrugged and swiped it. An infinity sign appeared on the screen.

"Uh, ok, miss." he said.

"If you get there fast enough, you can keep the change." Annabeth said.

Percy told us about his dream. Something about Hades in a endless pit, and someone wanting two items, not just one. We think one is the master bolt.

We were all silent as the cab sped quickly down the road.

When we got out, Percy and I went to the water. Annabeth told us it was polluted and stuff, but I felt the urge to go into the water. I realized Percy was breathing, so I took an experimental breath. I could breathe underwater.

We saw a lady, Percy and I swam to her.

She congratulated us for how far we had gotten, and then gave us three pearls. 'Incase you need them, but remember, what belongs to the sea, always returns to the sea.' she had said.

Percy and I came up to tell Annabeth what happened.

We walked around and it soon became night. A group of kids, probably gang, surrounded us.

I slashed the surprised kid with Riptide. He was pure mortal, because Riptide went right though him. He looked startled and I realized we had seconds before he got over the shock and tried to kill us.

We ran until Percy found a store. We all duck and and hid behind a waterbed.

"Hello." a voice said. It came from a guy who had his eyes half opened, like a reptile, and lazily walked forward.

"Oh, uh hi." Percy said.

"Try a waterbed." he said. "Business isn't doing the best to day, you could take a nap if you wanted to."

Percy flopped down a bed and sank down into it.

"Not six feet exactly." he said sadly.

"Huh?" Annabeth asked as she relaxed into the bed.

"You don't fit, but that's ok, we can fix that."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Ergo." he said.

The beds snapped out ropes that wrapped around Annabeth and Percy's arm and ankles. It started to pull.

I stalled, pretending to be on his side, I kept him talking. Annabeth and Percy weren't looking the best.