Chapter 17

Drew

I ran into the forest. I met up with Rinx. Her dark hair was pushed back and her green eyes looked worried. Probably because I was upset. I didn't want to leave her. I mean we were friends and I liked it here. Why did I have to get the quest for something that is not my problem?

"Hey." I said.

"Hey. What is it?" She leaned forward.

"I have to go on the quest." I said.

"Oh. Well, I will miss you. And you had better not die." she said.

"I can't, remember?" I asked.

"Oh, ghost thing. Well, that's good. I like that ghost thing a lot. Just come back." Rinx looked partically upset and partically relived.

"Yeah, well, I don't really want to leave in the first place." I said.

"Why not? It gets boring for me." Rinx said. I gave her an odd look.

"Maybe for you, but for me..." I trailed off.

Laughing she bid me farewell and I left. I guess Argus was a good driver. He was driving us to start our quest. And he also had eyes all over his body. Cool, or weird?

We were dropped off at a train stop. Well, I consider it a train. We had bags. About a hundred dramas, ambrosia, nectar, and some regular mortal food, and thanks to Luke, flying shoes that are activated by the word 'Maia'.

We waited by the bus stop. Percy looked awkward. That probably had something to do with the way Annabeth was glaring at him.

"Why do you hate me?" Percy asked.

"I don't." she sighed.

"Then why do you always glare at me?" he asked.

"Because your dad is Poseidon. Poseidon and Athena hate each other." Annabeth explained.

"That doesn't mean we have to hate each other. And, anyways, why don't you hate Drew if that's the case?" thanks Percy, I really wanted to be dragged into this.

"There is something different about Drew. And we can try to be friends." Annabeth said.

Then the train arrived.

We boarded and talked for a while. Then we saw three old ladies. They were just sitting there. But the thing was, they were the Furies.

"Isn't one supposed to be dead?" I asked.

"Monsters don't die. They can be killed, but they don't die." Annabeth said.

"Huh?" I asked.

"You can kill them, but they come back. From the underworld. They never stay dead." that's comforting, not.

Oh yeah, we were going to the underworld, because Hades was our suspect. And we had ten to find that stupid lightning bolt before the summer solstice. Zeus wants it on the solstice, so if not, something bad is going to happen. Wonderful, just wonderful.

The Furies made a 'x' shape with their legs. It looked normal, but I saw through it. It essentially showed that no one was leaving. Technically, I could leave. Nothing could stop me. But, with Percy and Annabeth here, I wasn't going to leave.

One got up, heading towards the bathroom. Actually at us, but still, that's what the mortals thought. Annabeth slipped her hat on Percy, who crawled in an empty seat to avoid the Furies. He didn't want to leave us, but we out numbered him. I hid under the seat. I wanted to go invisible, but since Annabeth and Percy didn't know I was half ghost, there would be some explaining to do.

I watched quietly.

"Where is it?" they didn't seem to want Percy or I.