Chapter 4

Percy

The math teacher turned into a half bat. A pen turned into a sword. My teacher tried to kill me. I turned her to dust.

That wasn't possible, it didn't happen. I chanted over and over again, but I knew the difference between real and a hallucination, and my gut said it was real.

Drew's expression was a surprise.I thought he would be in more of a shock, like me, but instead he was surprised and thoughtful, and curious.

I walked down in a daze. Did I really kill a math teacher?

"Oh, Mr. Jackson, I see you have my pen." Mr. Brunner! That was his name. I remember it now.

"Um, yeah." I gave him the pen.

After I walked away, Nancy came up to me. "Mrs. Kerr is mad at you." she said.

"Who is that?" I asked. Drew looked confused to. I'm not crazy.

"Duh, our math teacher." she said and walked off.

I may not have remembered the math teacher's name, but I knew this woman was not her.

I walked on and a cheerful lady was on, I guess she was Mrs. Kerr.

The whole time, Drew agreed with me, but the whole school seemed not know who the old math teacher was. Weird.

I walked away and heard talking. I walked back.

"...Worried about Percy, though." I heard. Was that Grover?

"You were right, I think." Mr. Brunner said.

"Yes, but he needs to know. It is his life." what does that mean?

"Yes, but when he knows, they know." who is they?

"Alright." Grover sounded reluctant. "Well, what about Drew?"

"What about him?" Mr. Brunner sounded like he knew.

"He is so, odd. He presence is kind of like in the under ground, but in a good way. Plus he smells different." what in the world?

As I walked next to Drew and Grover, I considered telling Drew what I heard. I, of course, couldn't with Grover around, though.