Chapter 12

Percy

For a the week, Annabeth taught Drew and I how to read ancient Greek. Wasn't to bad.

Drew wasn't around much. He often hung out in the forest. Annabeth knew why, but she wouldn't tell me. She said it was Drew's place, not hers. Annabeth knew more than just about Drew though. I heard her talking to Chiron. She said something about Drew or I being 'The one'.

I couldn't pull a bit of information out of Annabeth.

We were walking around and talking, like usual when I saw a kid. She was huge with lank brown hair and squinty, pig- like eyes.

"Hey, Princess, what do you have here?" she asked looking down at me. I mean, I know I am small, and skinny, but she made me feel petite. That was how huge and buff she was.

"Clarrise, why don't you polish your spear or something?" Annabeth asked.

Clarisse rolled her eyes and looked at me. "Who is this runt?" she asked.

"Percy Jackson. Percy, meet Clarisse. Clarisse meet Percy." Annabeth said.

"Hey, Prissy, let me show you around." she said.

"Clarisse." Annabeth said.

"Stay out of it, Wise Girl." Clarisse snapped.

Annabeth didn't look happy, but she did stay out of it. And I was glad, I didn't need her help. Ok, maybe I wouldn't want to be on the opposing team of her, but still.

I kicked and punched and tried to wiggle out of her grasp, but I had no such luck.

Clarisse drug me towards what I could tell were the bathrooms. She took me to a toilet that was next to some shower stalls and sinks.

I was not going to have my head stuck into nasty toilet water.

I felt a tug in my stomach and all of the sinks, toilets, and showers exploded. Soaking wet, Clarisse tried to kill me. Her friends held her back. Annabeth smiled at me. She may have been soaking yet, but that showed that she hated Clarisse.

I was standing in the only dry spot. Everyone gawked at us.