Chapter 16

Percy

Drew and I walked up the attic. I was creeped out. When we arrived at the top, I pulled a string. We walked up the stairs and into the top.

A lot of stuff cluttered the attic. There were jars and items with tags attached. I looked around in amazement at all of the clutter. Then I saw the mummy. The attic looked a lot less cool and a lot more creepy after I saw the mummy.

It looked to be a girl. She had black hair and a sundress. She had necklaces around her neck, some with beads. Her skin was, well, like a mummies skin would be. Weird, creepy, and gross. Her eyes looked to be marbles. That's nice. And she was creepy. That seemed to be the best adjective for her.

The second I saw her, I wanted to get out of there. Immediately. I thought she was freaky. And that was before she moved and green spoke poured from her mouth.

"I don't think I really like it here. Maybe we could forget about the whole prophecy thing and just go on the quest without it." Drew said.

"Good idea." we tried to get out, but the mummy moved.

We pulled back and the mummy spoke. "You shall go west, and face the god who has turned. You shall find what was stolen, and see it safely returned. You shall be betrayed by one who calls you friend. And you shall fail to save what matters most, in the end."

"That was nice." Drew said sarcastically.

"Yeah." I was shaken up by the thing and got out as fast as I could.

We came down and Chiron and Annabeth wanted to know the prophecy. I didn't want to tell the the whole thing, so I stuck with the first three lines. The last was to depressing. "You shall go west, and face the god who has turned. You shall find what was stolen, and see it safely returned." I quoted.

Drew looked at me and I knew he knew what I had done.

"If you'll give me a moment," Drew said.

"Alright." Chiron said.