Chapter 2

Percy

I woke up and went downstairs. I had just been kicked out of a boarding school, easy to do when you have ADHD and dyslexia, and was going to a new school today.

I poured milk over the cereal and scowled at Gabe. Then gagged once his scent hit me. Gabe smelled awful. Like, horrifying.

I glared at him. He used all of our money on gambling and alcohol. Also, just to top it off, he was a jerk.

"Hey, Retard, going to a new school?" he asked me.

"Yeah, why do you care?" I asked.

"Well, genius, I need your room to work in." he said. Work. Yeah, right.

"Please shower before you use my room." I said finishing my cereal and running for the car.

Mom was waiting for me. She took me to school and dropped me off. I wandered around the whole day learning nothing.

I had a feeling that yesterday would repeat itself, until I saw the new students. One had crutches, and was scrawny. The other had short, spiky, white hair. He was deathly pale and had vivid greenish blue eyes. He fidgeted, looking uncomfortable standing still.

He looked bored the whole class, well, I was, too.

"Hey." I said.

The other boy, the one on crutches sniffed and widen his eyes.

"Hey, I am Drew." he said.

"Percy." I said.

"Grover." the one on crutches said.

We talked for a while through classes.

The next morning, there was something different in social studies, but I couldn't put my finger on it.

We went through the day and learned that we had a field trip the next day.