Chapter 23

Drew

I followed Percy and Annabeth towards foods. I watched in amazement as they seemed to know where to go to find fast food. I stared as they slowly followed their natural GPS for food.

We got there and Annabeth stumbled, looking pale. I thought she would pass out. Percy wasn't looking to great either. I pulled out the small amount of change and put it on the table. Annabeth was broke and Percy barely had anything.

The blonde waitress came over. Her totally unnatural colored hair was pulled into a high ponytail with tons of curls. Her brown eyes flashed in irritation as she gave us a snobby look. She knew we could pay.

I tried to make up a sob story, but she rolled her eyes and asks if we could pay.

Before I could talk, a rumbling took over the chrome colored building. Even the waitress looked over at the motorcycle. It looked disturbing. I don't want to describe the horrifying motorcycle that looked a lot like, well, human flesh. It got worst.

The guy, a big buff fighter, with a large leather jacket, and pitch black sunglasses, stepped off the motorcycle. Instantly, my form flickered, it was a safety control thing, and I struggled to keep my shape.

He walked in and came over to us. Got to love luck. He walked forward and sat next to us. He ordered us food.

We ravenously shoveled food into our mouths at top speeds.

When we finished, and then had seconds, the guy nodded once. "Ares." he said.

"Figures." Percy muttered.

"Hmm?" Ares asked.

"Well, you smell like Clarisse and have her looks." Percy said.

"I don't like your personality." Ares glared at Percy.

"I don't like you." Percy said.

Ares sighed. "Whatever, don't make me kill you. Oh, yeah, I want you to do me a favor."

"No." Percy said.

"What is it?" Annabeth asked at the same time.

"Get my shield." Ares said.

"Why don't you?" Percy asked.

Did he want to die?

"Because I don't want to, and anyways, I know about your mother." Ares said.

"Fine." Percy shook his head.

"Good, now go to an abandon water park. It's in the Tunnel of Love. Here's the address of the place. I was out on a date and, well, had to leave early." he said, muttering at the end and handing us the abandon water park's address on a napkin.