Chapter 11 (part 2)

The table was filled with delicious food and champagne, this time I had enough of the bubbly and decided to go for something less - alcoholic and shot down a glass of orange juice ( I didn't want to embarrass myself in front of these snobs).

The cutlery was placed in order, just how you would expect it to be when you go to them rich restaurants down the posh side of London. I was partially shy using the expensive silver so I just took 20 or odd minutes staring at it because I didn't want to get it dirty or oily but then the food was just so mouth watering I couldn't help myself but pick the expensive silverware and break into the food with anticipation.

Cutting through the piece of steak I caught Travis staring at me for a moment, I didn't get scared which surprised me but I remained cool and continued eating.

"Sophia, why didn't you tell me your real name when you came?" He questioned, slicing through the eerie silence which filled in between us; only the sounds of silver and plates clashing together could be heard, mixed with the voices of people around us.

I raised my head up slightly to face him and stuffed the last piece of steak in my mouth, chewing and breaking my food into mini bits so I would avoid choking.

"I don't want to be bait, simple" I answered, swallowing the steak and slurping down another glass of orange juice to clear my throat.

"So lying would not make you bait? hmm, I like how you think" I looked over at Travis, who had already finished his main meal, only a piece of salad dressed the golden plate.

"Well, yeah I guess... I don't know, now I have to tell Candy" I sighed, I hate facing the music at times.. Too much work.

"No, you don't have to, you finished?" he looked over at my plate and still I had a few bits and bops to finish but I was already filled up with the juicy steak.

"Yeah, desert?" I smiled.

"Not here though, I'm thinking we go make our own desert" he leaned towards me once again, brushing his lips against mine. I pulled myself away.

"No, I'm not hungry, let's go, please" I genuinely asked, fixing myself up and wiping my mouth with the napkin nearby.

"Your wish is my command baby" he laughed.

*

We made it into the car, without saying a word to each other and to be honest I preferred it that way. We both jumped in and shut the door, embracing the warmth and air re-freshener in the car.. His car smells nice.

He pushed the start button and the car began raving, the radio automatically played ' Maxwell - Fistful of tears' which I fell deeply in love with the moment I first heard it, he reversed the car and drove straight into the main road, heading home.

The music filled the space between us and not one of us interfered with the voice of Maxwell ringing softly into our ears as he hit every note perfectly. I tapped my leg accordingly to the beat of the music and softly hummed the lyrics in my head, I just couldn't help myself.

"You like Maxwell?" He laughed, looking directly at me as he stopped at the red light. I lightly blushed and responded.

"Yeah, I think his amazing" I spoke, feeling myself get excited.

"Well, yeah, his alright.. I sing better though" He smiled, driving the car and changing the gears rapidly.

"Is it now?" I laughed, no man can tell me they sing better than Maxwell, I mean Maxwell is a don at singing.

"His voice ain't all that you know, you girls get easily impressed man" he snickered, running his tongue along his bottom lip.

"Just drive" I rolled my eyes, jokingly and stared back outside the window.