Chapter 2.

DIONS P.O.V

The tempreture was increasing by the minute, dued to the people talking and squeezing themselves in the small room. My lungs were refilled with the intoxicating chemical escaping the rolled up blunts from the people around me. Every race and every man was here ; Black, white, asian, mixed you name it. I was one of many black boys and I still felt left out and exposed.

"Dion.. why are we here?" Marcus whispered making sure none of the men heard us, we were keeping a low profile, no one and I mean no one should see us or hear us as instructed by Whisper.

"Shh Marc, don't get us clocked" I whispered back, punching his arm. We were tightly packed together like sardines in a tin. I wanted out of here but sadly enough I got myself here.

"Silence" Whisper  was the mentor and God father of every gang in North west, he had control over everyone. It didn't even matter if you was white or Asian, if he knew you had a gang he would expect royalty from every profit you gain. He was the guy to go to if you had a problem with another guy, he was the United Nations of the underground world and he loved it. Once he entered the room everyone jumped in their skin and shivered, I'm not going to lie I did also. "I see every one is here?" He looked at the small girl next to him who nodded back, he then continued "There's an outbreak... something like a leak. The police in the area are trying to gun every gang in the hood, we need to duck and dive... Leave asap!" I was oblivious to what he had mentioned, he said it so quickly that I ended up missing a word or three. I turned to face Marcus who gave me the dodgy sad look.

"But what about family?" The Asian man with the fuzzy beard disrupted Whisper from his speech. Whisper looked at him and then looked at the lady next to him.

"What about them? You leave them behind" Whisper replied, rolling up his first blunt. "Family are like heavy luggage, you drop them at some point" he made a fair and unusual point. "Besides, your only inviting them into danger anyway, the police are going to get a warranty to make your families lives  hell" There I could 100% agree with him. I didn't want my mum having a heart attack and my son being put into danger. And Sophia...

"If your wondering where you are going.. I have the information here" The small lady popped out from nowhere and pulled out a blue A4 piece of paper. "The location is East London, your travel has already been dealt with. All you need to is go" the lady disappeared behind Whisper and closed herself away from everyone. Whisper lit up his blunt and took a wild drag before speaking.

"You have 24 hours" he blew out the smoke from inside his mouth and walked towards the exit.

"We have to go bruv" Marcus elbowed me, awakening me from my one minute gaze.

"What about Noah and Sophia, I can't leave her?" I replied, standing up.

"You heard what they said, 24 hours otherwise we are dead amigo" I sighed..

24 hours later - Sophia

We had finally made it, the 2 hour travel and continuous whining from Noah.  We made it. I jumped into the shower and let all my thoughts wash away. The steaming hot droplets of water pelting gently against my skin, it felt wonderful. I forgot about everything, my worries, my problems, the stress and Dion. I wanted to stay in the shower forever, it was a place for me to be myself and be free for once. I took hours thinking and minutes dreaming whenever I was in a shower or bath, it was a pleasant way of setting down my emotions. But my dream of staying in the shower was short lived when I heard Noah crying from outside the door.

I quickly jumped out the shower and wrapped my towel around my petite body. Whenever Noah cried or sounded like he was I went into panic mode. I unlocked the door and caught him on the floor with his head on his hands.