Chapter 4.

Within a few months I was accepted into a local college, only just a few stops away from Auntie Akua's house. The college wasn't posh or classy, it was standard and cheap. The teaching system was a bore and their of expectation for their students is low; they will fail any student who hasn't got the potential or abilities of passing and becoming someone successful.

It was a pretty corrupt college but I couldn't complain.

As soon as Auntie showed me the college through pictures I already had major doubts and second thoughts. Its been a long time since I engaged in a long conversation and made friends with strangers so in social wise I was very rusty.

But I had successfully stayed strong for a month and kept my head down, seeing as I was the only young single mother in the 1st year, every student in my class was 'scared' to approach me or start a conversation.

But then it also could be because Westbrook College has a handful of snobby and ghetto people who stick their noses into other people's businesses? well that was just a thought.

I wasn't here to be civil and make friends, I wasn't here to chase an delusional dream that would never come true, I didn't come here to form a friendship group and gossip about air-headed girls who open their legs to nearly every boy who resembles Trey Songz. I came here for Noah's future and sake.

Auntie made a fair point, if I didn't care about my future, I should bare in mind that Noah has years ahead of him. I would only make things worse for him.

I strolled my way to my 10am psychology class with all my folders and loose documents in hand. I had that lesson in a room with epileptic lights and torn/slashed up green chairs that stood lifelessly on it's four legs. I wasn't looking forward to it but it was one of the subjects I picked from Secondary school Gcse options and got fantastic grades from. So I guess I have an advantage right?

Dion Matthews 2 years ago

Flashback:-

It was midnight, meaning the sky was pitch black. No hint of yellow or pink. Just black, I could say I was scared of the dark but then that would ruin my whole macho act.

I walked up the long urine stained alleyway leading straight to my neighbour hood, clutching my well-worn Stone Island jacket to the coldness lingering on my skin. (I left my jumper round Sophias).

"I'm pregnant" I remembered her smiling at me once saying that, I didn't know what to say or do at the time. I couldn't say it was the best thing I heard because something inside of me hated her for wanting to keep the baby but something else argued against the hate. I didn't want to upset her, that would be the last thing I ever wanted to do. I loved her too much to see hot tears run from her eyes, I loved her too much to see her break down and survive on her own.

If she was going to get disowned, I was going down with her. I was brought up that way, my mum always said "If the person you love is suffering, suffer with them". She never said that person had to be family or a friend, she just said it.

I buried my head down looking at the grimy pavement winding up to the mouth of the street I lived on. I continued having visions of me and Sophia and how life may be hard or easy in the future. I never knew something so small can make so many changes.

I kicked the loose twigs from the floor and sighed. Was my life doomed? I should of just worn protection. But I shouldn't regret what I created, that's wrong.

I continued making my way through the disgusting alleyway, twitching my nose away from the strong scent arising from the cracks between the cement and soil moistened with hot urine. It was sickening and making my stomach vigorously turn within a split second.

"Dion is that you?" I heard a female voice call from behind my ears, I turned right round to see who was calling me.

"You alright?" Louise, she was Sophia's best friend. I never really knew her only a simple hey and bye was what we said to each other.

"What you doing out at this time?" she asked walking up to me.

"Going home, can I ask the same?" I smiled at her, no I'm not flirting just being friendly. Sophia has already tamed this animal.

"Well, just sorting business out init" she replied, avoiding eye contact with me. She sounded like she was a prostitute.

"Oh, go home younger" I joked, punching her left arm softly. It intended to be just a friendly punch but she clearly took it the wrong way.

"Take me home then init" she giggled, fiddling around with my jacket.

"Yeah I got to go"

"What? Its just me and you anyway.... Sophia ain't got to know" she came closer to me, rubbing her frame against my groin hoping to seduce me. I pushed her off, controlling myself.

"I got to go" I growled, making the quick decision to jog away from her. I was confused. So many questions ran through my mind like a train on a endless track.

Why do girls do this? Why do they throw themselves on boys when they know they are worth more than just a quick lash. Why?

I respected Sophia for keeping her innocence and sharing it with me after a year of our relationship, yeah its a bit early but she trusted me. She was no cheap sket who spreads her legs uselessly aiming to get boys attention. She was no girl to expose her flesh and dress her body with little clothing. Even her Facebook picture is covered!

I found myself bumping into the entrance of my neighbourhood, the road was quiet only the natural sound of the cold wind brushing against the trees and blowing the leaves from off the roads.

The moon stood radiant against the dark blue sky, proudly exposing its beauty.

The night was strange for me, the night held many secrets the day seemed to expose. People maybe sleeping but others are roaming through the darkness. Lurching from the bushes and shadows.

The night was the day for insomniac people to daze outside their windows lifelessly aiming to get sleep.

The night held the selfishness of people, the desires of many, the dreams of hundreds.

The night sky opened my eyes and showed me that Sophia wasn't just my girlfriend.

She's my love.

I tried really hard to post this up asap. I worked on hard on this chapter and I know there might be a few mistakes. But I'm sorry :S.

You know the rest? Vote and comments. Woud appreciate it. And don't be scared become a FAN! :D

Don't forget that I only post the next chapter when I get enough votes and comments! If the votes go up to 10 or 8. Chapter 5 will be up :)