Chapter 5.

I cut myself whilst dicing the onions, Auntie always likes them in proportion, she hates having to deal with uneven slices. So I stubbornly cut my finger without realising.

"Your so clumsy Sophia, you should be careful" Auntie took out a plaster and wrapped it around my injured finger, firstly she started yanking on it whilst applying some anti bacteria substance on the cut. I winced in pain once she released my hand, she could be aggressive at times believe me.

"Auntie, you hurt me" I muttered, staring at my limp finger.

"Oh, you went through labour that was much worse" she retorted, continuing to stir the pan, she was preparing my favourite so I beastly set my eyes on the pan watching her add spices and other additional ingredients

"Yeah but.. whatever" came the reply. I sat back down on the kitchen stool, breathing in the fresh aroma of spices and chicken. I could feel my stomach rumble and ache for the food.

I waited and watched intensively for the food to be done, so I could leap towards it and shove my mouth with the tasteful rice - She had noticed this and deliberately stirred the pan slowly, aiming to get on my nerves. I simply watched, nonchalantly staring back at the frying food. This woman thought she had it in the bag.

"Sophia, call Noah foods nearly done" I leaped up from the stool, feeling a kid again and stormed up the stairs. 

"Noah baby, foods ready" I called, I had already guessed that Noah was in my room, drawing pictures and daydreaming - I felt bad that he had no one around him to play with...

"Mummy" He called back, running out of the room with a crayon stuck up his nose. I laughed, he was one strange kid.

"Why is there a crayon up your nose? Come here" I chuckled, throwing my hands up waiting for him to fall into the awaiting embrace. He however took no time into running up to me, eagerly trying to push me over.

"Hey!" we both laughed unison, staring at each other. I love my son to bits and I guess no one can change that. "You hungry?" I asked, kissing his forehead.

He wiped his forehead with the back of his hand, and nodded. Cheeky bugger.

"Oi! Go downstairs to Nana, so she can feed your fat self" I joked, throwing him out of my embrace.

He ran down the stairs carefully, calling out for Auntie. I stared back down at him, smiling. It was then I questioned myself.

Why would Dion leave such a cute and handsome boy?

I found myself drying off a single tear and shook off the weight that compressed itself against me. I couldn't take it anymore though, I really needed closure fast. 

I quickly hurried inside my room and locked the door, if I was to find Dion I needed my laptop. Auntie bought me this laptop for coursework and assignments and willingly paid for the Internet connection so I wouldn't have problems with research and not be away from home at late hours of the night in the library.

I switched my laptop on and waited impatiently for the laptop to start working. Whilst waiting, I started to think on where I would start, where would  be the best place to look for Dion and give me the information on his whereabouts. My thoughts were turned off when my desktop had loaded up and awaiting for me to proceed.

I opened up the Internet browser, playing with the brown plaster around my finger.

"SOPHIA FOOD IS READY COME DOWN NOW!" Auntie yelled from downstairs, causing me to jerk away from my thoughts.

"Yeah, give me a few minutes I will be down!" I called back, typing in Facebook in the URL bar. The screen turned white, loading up the content of the page. My patience was wearing thin, I hated it when computers did this for no reason. I sighed and ran my tongue across my bottom lip. My throat had become dry from the nervousness and my emotions were jumping every where inside me causing me to feel a tad bit sick.