✧ chapter twenty nine

29.
the night was brighter when you lingered and love was a mystery 'til you walk by my side, but now my heart's
singing and tonight i'll be fine without you ❜ — walking back home, Vira Talisa

 ❛ the night was brighter when you lingered and love was a mystery 'til you walk by my side, but now my heart's singing and tonight i'll be fine without you ❜ — walking back home, Vira Talisa

KISS COUNT 3/5
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

YOU WISH THE nights lasted longer than the morning dwelling, it was horrendous. You never want to feel like that again, even if you're not the brightest morning person.  It's seldom now. There's no taking back the bittersweet emotion in you this morning in the recording studio, which only has you and Lilic.

"The nerve of that boy...!"

Lilic's smile tightens and she mumbles out a deplorable 'okay' as you suspired agitatedly. She checks the time on her phone. She's not on the clock until 10AM and right now, it's only 9:20. Not that she has any gripe in her like you do currently, but to her, she couldn't level with the opposing rage in you.  

"You know a lot of girls would kill for your spot." Lilic folds her arms and smirks with a deliberate knowledge.

"But it's not like he kissed me cause he has feelings for me! He did it to best me, and in what? I don't fucking know—!" You bleat and threw your arms out in exasperation, "Getting kissed for such a petty reason? I wouldn't wish that for any girl— for anyone."

"Some would have honored it." Lilic shrugs, "Was it that bad? I never took Hiyori for a bid kisser." She bites her lip to stiffen a giggle when she sees how you lightly squirm and scoff at both her words and the remembrance of that fatal stolen kiss.

"Hmph, he wasn't a bad kisser." You feel that trickling warmth under your skin and there's an effort to scowl, but your face shows a vehement bafflement. "But it was still weird. No pretty face should steal someone's first kiss like that...ugh! If it was his, then it's worse..! Why me?!"

"C-calm down! What done is done." Lilic rushes to you and places her hands on your shoulders. You stop heaving and instead, flutter your eyelashes down to gaze at the side. "There's nothing you could have done to prevent Hiyori from being Hiyori. It'll be alright, for now hold up your head."

"Okay.." You exhale, "Yeah, I will...!"

"That's right. You are."

You want to thank Lilic for being here, but before you could do that, there were a couple of hasty knocks on the other side. The both of you look at the door as Lilic stands away from you. When the door opens, you don't have enough time to fix yourself, but your spirits are not abandoned.

"P-producer, good morning." Tori comes in with Anzu holding the door for him. She also lets out a 'good morning' to you and Lilic as she closes the door quickly, her binder under an arm.

"Morning, Himemiya. Anzu." You greet back with your usual smile. "Is there something going on? This meeting is so sudden."

"Himemiya wants you to hear a song he created with Anzu." Lilic put a hand on Tori's shoulder. She had helped the boy plan this meeting with Anzu, it was staggering to you, but in a nice way. "