Chapter 1

His fingers dug into a pair of shoulders. One was warm flesh and he could feel the muscles contracting like waves just under the rough skin, the other cold, slick metal that he struggled to hold to. He could feel the warm breath on his neck between kisses, a voice moaning in his ear...
                    Rin  Okumura blinked his eyes open. He was breathing heavy and soaked in sweat. Just a dream. Damn.
                    But Edward Elric was very real.
                    He knew that.
                    The bunk above him groaned as his twin brother Yukio rolled over. Gentle early morning light was streaming through the window as Rin slipped out of bed and pulled on a pair of sweats and a T-shirt, carefully tucking away his long black tail and swinging the red carrying case over his shoulder before silently slipping out.

                   "What the hell did this? It's looks like someone used you as a human ashtray,"
                   "You wouldn't believe me if I told you," Edward Elric laughed nervously.
                   "Try me. I've heard it all from you two,"
                   "Alright then. It was demon blood,"
                   Winry Rockwell reeled back, "Like a demon demon?"
                   Ed shrugged, "Supposedly."
                    "We still don't know what to believe ourselves," Ed's younger brother Alphonse added.
                    Winry sighed, looking again at the damaged prosthesis that replaced Ed's right arm, "Well, the damage isn't too bad. It shouldn't take very long to fix—Jeez, did you get soaked in the stuff? These burns are all over you."
                   "You think I don't know that?"
                   "Oh, don't get cute," she snapped, before musing, "These burns were skillfully treated. They're already almost healed..."
                   "Yeah, he's a friend,"
                   "...I can still do this though!"
                   "Ouch! Winry! Cut it out!" Ed howled as she dug her fingers into one of the burns on his left shoulder.
                  "Al told me you met a boy and then let him waltz off halfway across the world!" she raged, "Why are you such a dumbass!?"
                  "It wasn't like that!"
                  She let go, "Then tell me, what was it like?"
                 "It was just a weekend thing. It meant nothing,"
                 "Bull. I don't buy that," Winry spun around and started selecting tools to replace the burned pieces of Ed's auto mail.
                  Meanwhile, Ed turned on his brother, "You told on me to Winry?"
                  "Well, yeah, I wasn't getting through to you so I needed backup," there wasn't a drop of remorse in his echoing voice. In fact he sounded mildly entertained.
                  "Backup?! Jeez, you guys—"
                  "He said he loved you, Ed!"
                  Winry glanced up sharply, "He did!? You didn't tell me that!"
                  "He did. Brother lost his shit,"
                  "Alphonse, language!"
                  "Wha—?! Oh, come on! Ed let the love of his life get away and you're gonna scold me for cussing?!"
                  "Yeah, come on, Al. What's with the potty mouth all of a sudden?" Ed said, quickly.
                  Winry whirled back on him, making him wince, "Don't think you're off the hook, mister! This guy told you he loved you and you still didn't go after him?!"
                 "We don't have time to go on a vacation," Ed said bitterly, "Especially not on the other side of the earth."
                 "It won't be a vacation," Al said, "We hit a dead end on our search for the Philosopher's Stone. Maybe there's something in Tokyo to get us back on track. Rin was right—True Cross Academy is very prestigious and they have thousands upon thousands of books and courses on every subject imaginable."
                "How do you know this?" Ed asked, suspiciously.
                "I...I looked it up,"
                "For the last time, not happening. Why do you care so much anyway?"
                Al hesitated, then like the answer should have obvious, replied, "Because I care about you...duh."
               Then he added, "And you've been a mopey lump since Rin left and I can't stand it much longer."
                "Who's Rin?" a voice asked from the doorway.
                 "Ed's new boyfriend," Al cried as Winry jumped up to embrace the dark skinned girl.
                 "Ed's got a boyfriend? Damn, it's about time. To be honest I didn't know you liked boys,"
                 Ed gave her a sour grin, "How are you, Paninya?"
                 "I'm fantastic. But I want to talk about your boo," she said, sitting down in front of him as her girlfriend got back to work.
                 "He's not my boyfriend. And for the record, I'm bi,"
                 Winry cut in, "Me and Al are trying to get him to go to Tokyo and confess his love to Rin."
                 "Oh, I definitely agree. You gotta chase this guy down," Paninya nodded erratically.
                  "See, three to one! Majority rules! We're going to Tokyo!" Al cried.
                  "Since when is my love life decided by a vote!"