A Square and a triangle named Bill

It's finally time where I start discussing how Bill became the Bill Cipher we all know and love. I have legitimate proof of how. Speculation for the most part is no more. Time to get to the juicy stuff. Let's go ahead and take a look at the second part of the book Flatland, the one that will give a much more clear insight into Bill.

Here is the big claim... In the gravity falls universe, Bill takes the place of A square. This means everything that happens to A Square in the book, also happened to Bill. I'm not just saying this to say this, I have proof. I am also not the first person to claim this or discover it. However, unlike others, I have read the book Flatland. I'm sure by now you already know just how in-depth I am with this. Even if I'm not the first person to discover Flatland and Bill's connection, I am reviewing it on a level no one else has to show how much evidence there is.

(Side note: from here on out I will be explaining what happens to both A Square and Bill. However, since Bill isn't a Square, it's very possible that conversations were different and not everything A Square did was what Bill did exactly. However, the majority of the important things that happen to A Square have happened to Bill. When I saw 'they did this,' or 'they reacted this way,' or anything similar where I talk about both A Square and Bill, I know that I'm aware things are probably a bit different. So from here on out, whenever I refer to the two at the same time, I'm going to refer to that as 'A Square/Bill.')

by longlivetheundead on DeviantArt

If you're wondering, A Square would look like the fandom's version of Tad Strange if it helps you visualize it.

To understand how Bill came to be the demon who eventually terrorizes the citizens of Gravity, we need to look at the plot of Flatland. Remember, the book's protagonist is a square named A Square. The book is meant to be written by him as a message to beings in the third dimension (us). The first half explains the nature of flatland while the second half is the plot of the book where A Square retells the events that have happened to him. Anything that A Square experienced, Bill also experienced as well. Let's take a look at it, shall we?

Lets review:

- Bill is from the 2nd dimension, a world filled with different kinds of shapes and lines known as Flatland.
- Bill as an equilateral triangle is part of one of the lowest classes in society and is thus mistreated. Flatland has a social hierarchy that has triangles at the bottom, squares next, then pentagons, etc. Circles are at the top of society. At the very bottom (not considered part of society) are irregular triangles and irregular shapes, and the women who are straight lines.
- Unlike equal-sided shapes (every child has one more side than his father), Irregular triangles over many generations of careful breeding can have equilateral triangle sons.
- Bill Cipher, an equilateral triangle, comes from a line of ancestors (the isosceles) who have been oppressed all their lives for generations. Those same ancestors main purpose in society is to eventually give birth to Bill.
- Because of laws in Flatland, Bill would have been forcefully taken away from his birth parents and then adopted by a new family. He'd be forbidden to ever know or meet his birth parents.
- It's likely when growing up, Bill's ego, personality, mental health, and ideology were affected by living in Flatland.
- Bill would have gone to school and then would have started to learn about the hard truth of flatland.
- Bill Cipher's voice is echoey and loud because of Flatland. This is how Flatlanders can discriminate against triangles without being able to see shapes.
- In the gravity falls story, Bill Cipher takes the place of A Square from the book Flatland. Anything that happened to A Square, happened to Bill. The next parts of this review will be explaining what happened.