Exwhylia vs Flatland

One of the things I feel that someone could bring up to try and prove me is the two-dimensional dimension page in journal three.

The two-dimensional dimension (also known as Exwhylia) is a dimension Ford Pines visits in his years alone traveling in the multiverse

He first believed it to be Bill's birthplace, but as it says at the top of the page he "mistakenly believed it to be his birthplace." Which means he was never born here.

One argues that Ford was just wrong, as everything in these two pages is nearly identical to what we know Flatland to be (Feel free to read it all if you want to see every similarity). However, the pictures in these pages give us a reasonable explanation as to why it's not Flatland. Look at the neighborhood Ford draws. Notice how there are only Circles, Triangles, and irregular shapes?

In Flatland, circles and triangles and especially irregular shapes would definitely not live in the same neighborhood

In Flatland, circles and triangles and especially irregular shapes would definitely not live in the same neighborhood. They are opposite on the class scale. Also, equilateral triangles are supposed to be rare in flatland. Here they take up half the neighborhood. Triangles are also considered to be "Lovely" according to Ford. But remember in Flatland they are on the lower side of the entire hierarchy. They wouldn't be called lovely. Just tolerable, barely an average citizen.

Ford believed Bill to come from a similar dimension which was mysteriously destroyed, and he is right. He soon leaves the dimension after.

Think of Exwhylia as a parallel reality or dimension from Flatland. That's all it is. Ford and Bill both explain there are many dimensions and realities. This is just one of them.

Though I have not personally watched all of it, I am aware it's possible that the show Rick and Morty takes place in the same universe as Gravity Falls (as well as Amphibia and The Owl house!). Both creators of the show are friends and wanted their weird shows to connect in some way. It's always hard to say if something is an easter egg vs canonical evidence. Let's just assume that every easter egg within the show is canon since there's more than one.

If the two stories exist within the same universe, then the same rules and knowledge about dimensions and realities would also be the same. Meaning Exwhylia by default is a different reality or dimension. It's hard to say whether it's a reality or a dimension because they are different and honestly I'm not the best at explaining the differences but I don't think it matters as much.

As a side note, within Rick and Morty it appears that Rick knows both Ford and Bill. In journal 3 we do know Ford and Rick do know one another but I am unsure if Bill knows Rick or if Rick just knows of Bill because he's a famously dangerous demon. Ford could have easily told Rick of Bill too. I do not know. Just know it's a possibility that Bill Cipher may know Rick from Rick and Morty if the easter eggs are canon.

That's my evidence for why Exwhylia is not Bill's home. Moving on!

Lets review:

- Bill is from the 2nd the second dimension,
a world filled with different kinds of shapes and lines known as Flatland.
- Bill as an equilateral triangle is part of one of the lowest classes in society and is thus mistreated. Flatland has a social hierarchy that has triangles at the bottom, squares next, then pentagons, etc. Circles are at the top of society. At the very bottom (not considered part of society) are irregular triangles and irregular shapes, and the women who are straight lines.
- Unlike equal-sided shapes (every child has one more side than his father), Irregular triangles over many generations of careful breeding can have equilateral triangle sons.
- Bill Cipher, an equilateral triangle, comes from a line of ancestors (the isosceles) who have been oppressed all their lives for generations. Those same ancestors main purpose in society is to eventually give birth to Bill.
- Because of laws in Flatland, Bill would have been forcefully taken away from his birth parents and then adopted by a new family. He'd be forbidden to ever know or meet his birth parents.
- It's likely when growing up, Bill's ego, personality, mental health, and ideology were affected by living in Flatland.
- Bill would have gone to school and then would have started to learn about the hard truth of flatland.
- Bill Cipher's voice is echoey and loud because of Flatland. This is how Flatlanders can discriminate against triangles without being able to see shapes.
- In the gravity falls story, Bill Cipher takes the place of A Square from the book Flatland. Anything that happened to A Square, happened to Bill. The next parts of this review will be explaining what happened.
- A stranger appears before Bill. He is a Sphere (named Sphere) from the 3rd dimension. He explains to Bill that there is a third dimension but Bill does not believe him
- As a way to convince Bill, Sphere takes him into the Mindscape for the first time to see three dimensions.
- The theory of Bill being from Flatland and all the other things mentioned are proven by cannon, never before seen evidence in Journal
- Sphere came to Flatland to attempt to convince the government of flatland there is a dimension.
- The pupil was Bill. Sphere taught Bill all about the third dimension and magic. Eventually, Bill became bored with the information he was given. He wanted to know more. Bill believed there were more dimensions to learn about but Sphere denied this. The two fought and Bill decided he'd discover the fourth dimension by himself without sphere. He left the guidance of Sphere after.
- Determined to document what he's seen, Bill starts writing a book about everything he saw in the third dimension but continued to reach roadblocks and becomes mentally unstable. Just like Ford Pines.
- Bill shares his book filled with his discovery to the people of Flatland but is arrested and put on trial.
- Bill was sentenced to death but Bill defended himself with magic. Due to his unstable emotions, his magic started destroying all of Flatland. He escaped by entering the mindscape and lost his physical form. His magic killed everyone in Flatland. He then becomes insane.
- Years later, Bill tells Ford about his home dimension and how he hated it. He admits to destroying his dimension.
- The parallels between Sphere and Bill's relationship and Bill and Ford's relationship are nearly identical