𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝐼𝐼

~A Court of Dreams~

~A Court of Dreams~

Westminster, the Percy's rooms....

"Tis beautiful, Papa!" Catherine squealed as she twirled before her father, her skirts of primrose yellow and crimson red flaring out around her in a colourful swirl of magnificence.

What she said was true, the gown that she wore was beautiful, made of silk and satin with a curved neckline from the fashionable Italy that was lined with shining pearls just like her sash was. The hem of the skirt was embroidered with golden thread, depicting the Percy lions and crescents that would shimmer in the sunlight when she waltzed through the palace corridors.

Diamonds as fine as her Mother's adorned her neck and golden rings clasped her fingers in bejewelled glory. Her golden hair was left loose beneath a circlet of pearls, the flaxen curls carefully placed behind her shoulders and possessing silver strings of pearls woven into them.

The Earl of Northumberland smiled indulgently at his little daughter, applauding and his eyes twinkled with affection. His wife stood behind him, one delicate hand on his shoulder while she too smiled, watching their son march into the room, his pages behind him. Henry walked tall and proud with his chin jutting upwards just like his Father had taught him to do and one hand firmly on his dagger that was sheathed in a scabbard of yellow and red leather.

"Good day, Father" He greeted jovially, bowing with a grace the Earl praised, making his cheeks flush a pleased red "Mother" Eleanor inclined her head, as beautiful as ever in her gown of house colours similar to that of her daughter.

"You look a man, my son"

Henry grinned boyishly and shuffled from foot before his Father rose to his feet, waving the servants away. The Earl took to pacing in front of his two children, hands clasped behind his back and heavy boots landing with a thud on the floorboards beneath. This was a ritual both Catherine and Henry were used to, a time of thought for their intelligent Father prior to instructions that would be told to them and obeyed.

"Today you are to be presented to the King, Queen and their beloved Prince" He said at last, deep voice washing over the two before him with a sincerity they would not dare to forget.

When he used such a tone even his wife became an attentive listener, tearing her gaze away from where it lingered on a window to ensure she heard his words. "This day you are to perform what you have been taught, finally partake in the dance that binds this country together. In taking the right steps you will ensure out family's safety and our own. You must pay every respect to our monarch and his kin, I will accept nothing less."

"We will not fail you, Father!" Catherine chirped with a small curtsy that helped to conceal the excitement brewing within her and her Father reached out, momentarily resting one strong hand gratefully on her head.