𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝐿𝑉𝐼𝐼𝐼

~The Hunt~

~The Hunt~

February 1472, Westminster Palace....

"Can I come, Mother? Please, please, please!" Little Henry begged, jumping up at down at the side of his Mother's ornate dressing table while Margery dabbed rose oil on her neck.

"You know you can't, my lamb" Catherine replied gently, picking up the leather gloves, given to her a year ago by the late Lancastrian Prince, and pulling them easily on. Henry pouted, looking up at her with wide eyes that made her chuckle "We are going on a hunt"

"I'm three!" He protested and she laughed some more, pulling back her shoulders as Margery placed a heavy fur cloak over them, fastening the golden clasp at the front.

"Oh, I know" She said "You are growing up and one day you shall be old enough to go on a hunt!" Her eyes flicked to his and she leant forward, brushing a kiss against his forehead "But not yet, my love" Henry frowned, nodding his little head before he reached out and moved her cloak aside to place his hands against the swell of his Mother's belly.

At five months she had begun to show slightly and while her gowns still hid her bump, Henry had quickly discovered it!

Now, every morning she and Richard woke to their son free from the covers of his bed and sitting on theirs, staring at her curved belly with an innocent fascination. He hadn't believed her when she told him a little brother or sister grew for him within and immediately pressed his ear to the front of her nightgown, asking if he would be able to hear them talking.

"Not yet, lad" Richard had answered sleepily, lifting Henry onto his lap to allow Catherine comfort, but letting him still place his hands atop her belly "Gently" He told him and the little boy did as he was bade, stroking across the curved silk beneath him.

"Hello baby" He whispered, making his parents hearts swell with love and he did that now, placing his hands on Catherine's bump and murmuring his morning greetings.

"Baby soon, Mother?" He asked, looking up at her with excited eyes and she nodded, making him grin.
"Baby soon, my lamb" She brushed a hand through his flaxen curls "And when we go on hunts after they are born you can care for them!" Henry jumped at the side of the dressing table again, his happy little laugh filling the room.

"Is that my boy I hear?" His laugh turned to a delighted shriek as his Father strode through the door, tall and strong and dressed in the same winter attire as his Mother with gloves on his hands; a cloak over his doublet "Ah, come hear my little knight!" He cooed and Henry ran across the room, laughing again when Richard whisked him into his arms, holding him close as perched on the end of the nearby bed.