II: GASTLY

June 11 XX08
Hoenn, Verdanturf Town, Verdan Orphanage

When she thought that it was a Pokemon, she wasn't scared anymore. According to the books she read about Pokemon, Pokemon are friends and family so she immediately turned around to look at what Pokemon is behind her.

What greeted her was a ball of smoke with eyes looking at her trying to scare her. It seems to be a mix of purple and blue with large eyes looking at her. Katana was surprised a bit but she immediately laugh when she saw it's failed attempt to scare her.

"Hahahaha, you're so funny." Katana giggled as she look at the ball of smoke in front of her. She was thinking what naughty Pokemon is this.

"~Jie~ ~Jie?" The Pokemon was confuse at the sight in front of him. Why is this little girl laughing not crying? It seems to be different from its imagination.

If the pokemon has a hand it should be scratching it head right now in confusion.

Katana stopped laughing and smiled at the Pokemon who is looking at her in confusion.

"Well hello, are you trying to scare me?" She said and tried to sound strict with her hand in her waist to look imposing.

~Jie~ ~Jie~

The Pokemon nodded with a grin as it levitates in front of her.

"If you're trying to scare me then I'm telling you now. I'm not scared at all." Katana grinned.

~Jie~ ~Jie?!~

The Pokemon exclaimed.

"You're so cute so how can I be scared." Katana giggled at the deflated Pokemon.

~Jie~ ~Jie?~

The Pokemon was confuse. It's cute? He didn't think he's cute at all. He already scared many human and Pokemon and no one ever said he's cute.

The Pokemon thinks that the girl in front of it was silly. It didn't know that Katana think the same too. The Human and Pokemon thought the one in front of them is silly.

"I'm reading now. Do you want to read too? Reading books is a great pleasure." Katana said as she look eagerly at the Pokemon.

She never had a companion who likes reading so if the Pokemon can accompany her then she would be delighted.

~Jie?~

The Pokemon levitates beside her and took a look at the book. There were words and pictures of berry.

The Pokemon salivates at the sight. The Pokemon likes eating berry so seeing one inevitably makes its saliva flow.

~Jie!~

The Pokemon nodded as they both read the book. Katana was reading out loud so that the Pokemon can understand. She also tried to let it learn to read so that they can learn more knowledge together.

Time pass when Katana suddenly thought that she didn't know what Pokemon is beside her right now.

She stood up and the Pokemon was confuse at why she stop.

They are reading happily here so why stop?

~jie?~

"I'm going to look for books about Pokemon. I still don't know what kind of Pokemon you are. I can't keep calling you Pokemon."

The Pokemon seemed to also agree with her as he followed beside her looking at the books in the shelves. The library wasn't big. Just a few shelves of children's book and some about Pokemon. She went to the Pokemon section.