X: MOVESET

July 26 XX08

Katana brought her leather bound notebook with her. Since she decided to arrange her schedule properly, she immediately decided to act the next day.

A leather bound notebook is a good choice for a diary where she's going to record all the progress of her pokemon and her thoughts.

She hugged the notebook as she looked at Gastly who was floating beside her.

Before starting training, she needs to know Gastly's moveset first to determine Gastly's training route. She can't just follow her ancestor's training ideas because every Pokemon is different.

They have different thoughts, abilities and experience.

She and Gastly are in one of the rooms in the castle. The room is designed as a training room and she saw some instructions from a book on how to operate the room.

Some mechanisms can be opened if she needs it for training. She and Gastly tried to open everything and she was amazed at how the mechanism is still working at this age.

There are some targeted dummies that appeared. Every dummy has a different capability. Some dummies are tank-like where they can endure all attacks. Some are thin but have terrifying speed that is good to train the Pokemon aim. And some are normal.

She and Gastly only need the venue for now because she just needs to see Gastly's moveset. The venue was very sturdy that it can sustain a battle of Pokemon. She didn't know the limits but it was definitely top-notch.

"Okay Gastly, let's start!" Katana shouted with a smirk.

"~Jie ~Jie!" Gastly was also excited to show off.

Gastly started with a move Katana is familiar with. The gas Pokemon stretch out his tongue and use the move lick.

Lick can trigger paralysis which she had experienced before.

The dummy moved slightly from the attack. The normal dummy didn't look damaged though but they aren't disappointed. Anyway, they are not expecting anything.

Gastly's next move is Hypnosis. The gas Pokemon eyes turned blue as he stared at the dummy. An eerie atmosphere envelope Gastly as Katana stared.

The blue glow on Gastly's body was almost indistinguishable if she were not looking carefully.

Blue-purple rings appeared then attacked the dummy target. The attack looks like a sonic attack in appearance.

Katana nodded as she wrote in her leather bound notebook.

"Next move!"

Gastly was slightly panting but he still followed the order.

Small blue-purple lights emerge in front of Gastly as he tried to use another move. The lights became concentrated small balls and Gastly prepared to throw it out. The move then moved towards the dummy, it circled the dummy's body before it accurately smashed into it.

Confusion Ray!

Katana remembered the move name and she immediately wrote it in her notebook. She made a note on the side to read more information about the moves so she can help Gastly to improve his moves.

"Are there any more moves, Gastly?" Katana asked.

Having three moves already made Katana feel satisfied since she doesn't really expect Gastly to know much because he's a wild Pokemon. 

Wild Pokemon doesn't have systematic training unlike a Pokemon who has a trainer that will arrange everything for them including food and moves to train. Wild Pokemon focused on survival.