XXV: POOCHYENA'S EYES

"Gastly!" Katana shouted and run forward to the fallen Gastly.

Gastly's eyes are closed as he tried to not think about the burns and bite he received from the opponent. Gastly groaned after he heard Katana's call. 

Katana opened her bag and took out a salve and a potion she prepared. She made Gastly drink the healing potion and start to put the salve for burns on her Pokemon.

While on another side, the other Pokemon, Poochyena lay on the grass with her sight on the human and Pokemon.

The Poochyena seemed to be thinking of something as pain and despair flashed in its red eyes. The pair of eyes started blurring, Poochyena didn't know if it s because of the lull of sleep or... tears.

Poochyena didn't want to look anymore, so she silently closed her eyes. Regardless of the environment and her injured body.

Katana finished tending to her Pokemon Gastly before she have the time to look at their opponent. The Poochyena who was fierce in battle now lay quietly on the green grass, its eyes closed while her breathing was not so good.

Katana patted Gastly to signal she was going to check on the Poochyena. Gastly nodded and started levitating beside her again.

Katana strode towards the Poochyena, she can finally observe the Pokemon up close. With suspicion in her heart, she stared at the injuries the Pokemon has. She is sure that the injuries didn't come from the battle with Gastly.

There are many small cuts on the Pokemon, some look new while most already formed blood clot. It looked unattended, so the healing isn't that nice. There are also many bald spots on her body, making the thin and battered Pokemon look more pitiful.

Katana's anger from the battle already subsided, especially at the sight in front of her. 

This Poochyena, what happened to her?

Katana didn't hesitate any further to use a healing potion and her homemade ointment for cuts. She laid the Poochyena on her lap to make the feeding of the potion easier. 

She opened the potion and opened Poochyena's mouth then carefully poured the potion. Although Poochyena fainted, she unconsciously swallowed the liquid in her mouth. It smells and tastes delicious, so the starving Pokemon unsuspectingly drank the given potion.

After finishing the potion, Poochyena's faintly trembling body finally relaxes after feeling the warmth that seems to be easing the pain in its body. Katana confirmed her guess that the Pokemon also has internal injuries, that's why it react quite slower in the battle earlier with Gastly to the point of not being able to easily dodge.

Then she opened the ointment for the cuts on Poochyena's body. There are only small cuts but it's quite a lot so it took a lot of effort to cover it all with the ointment.

Gastly watch on the side as his partner treat its fallen opponent. Katana sighed in relief after she was done. Fortunately, the Poochyena is quite small, only half a meter long.

Katana then carried the sleeping Pokemon, "Let's find a shade Gastly. Then wait for this Poochyena to wake up."

Gastly nodded and chose a wide and tall tree. Katana hugged the Poochyena and laid it on the shaded area of grass. Katana and Gastly sat beside it as they rest and started talking.

"How's your burn, buddy?" Katana told Gastly to turn around as she want to check his injuries.

"Jie~" It's fine now, don't worry Katana.

Katana saw that there are no more visible injuries on Gastly, and the stone weighing on her heart finally settled.

"Fortunately," Katana smiled. Then her sight turned to the unconscious Pokemon beside her. The smile on her face subsided as she observe the injuries of the Pokemon.

"Gastly, what do you think happened to Poochyena?" Katana silently asked.

Gastly also saw the injuries, making it somewhat unhappy feelings for the Poochyena melted. Gastly also tasted injuries like cuts and bruises, yet he has Katana to care for him. While this Poochyena has no one.

"Jie~ Jie~" Doesn't look like it came from a Pokemon.

Katana nodded, "Yes, there is no residual energy on the cuts."

Gastly whispered, "Jie?" Then humans?

Stunned, Katana fell into deep thought at Gastly's words. Could it really be humans?

Katana didn't answer for a while, then she slowly said, "Probably."

Katana didn't understand why humans would hurt the young Pokemon. She can see that the Poochyena is only a few years old, not more than 5 years. It's just a child in her eyes, like Gastly.

So who could bare to hurt this child?

Katana can understand if it is from a Pokemon since surviving in the wild is tough and everyone relies on strength to support themselves.

Or if the Poochyena is a criminal that is being hunted down.

But Katana can feel that it is not. If it is the latter one, what's the reason for giving small but countless cuts to the Pokemon?

Katana herself can't find a reason for the act. However, the possibility that there is a person who hurt a Pokemon like that makes her heart churn, like something veiled is slowly being bared to her.

Katana and Gastly patiently waited for Poochyena to wake up, spending their leisure time digesting the experience they had while observing the environment.

"We should battle more, I saw that even though you have a rich moveset, you forget to use most when in the middle of a fight," Katana muttered as she thought at how she and Gastly always use Lick move even though there are other options.

"Jie~ Jie~" Gastly nodded at her words. He is used to using Lick in daily life, it was also the move that is most familiar.

He can't keep licking his opponent. Look at how he was easily bitten by Poochyena, he didn't even have time to dodge from the close proximity.

"Also, it feels like we've neglected your Poison attribute. You only have Toxic and Clear Smog move in your set." Katana scratched her cheek. 

She thought their training is quite good, but only now did she realize the things she neglected after experiencing battles.

Sure enough, battles can make humans and Pokemon stimulated and improve faster.

As they chat, the Pokemon sleeping beside them slowly woke up. 

Poochyena felt her body, feeling strange. She slowly opened her eyes, ready to see itself alone and abandoned. However, the sight of a human girl and a ghost Pokemon welcomed her.

Poochyena's eyes that was dull in despair and loneliness, slowly widened in surprise.

"Hi, Poochyena." A sweet voice greeted her.

To be continued...

A/N: Hi guys! You can freely comment on your thoughts and ideas about the story! It motivated me to see that someone's reading hehe.

Keep safe and healthy!