TrackerJackers

She run, we run, and we're all shouting. All my allies, apart from Peeta, are cheering, for Katniss Everdeen will die today. But I don't think we should celebrate yet. It will be less special when we really kill her.

After what feels like a lifetime of running, she stops for less than a second and starts to climb a thick tree. She's halfway up when we get to her.

Her and Cato laugh together. She tells him to climb up and meet her there.

Which he tries to do. But he falls. I know he's too heavy, he only makes it a few branches. Then Glimmer tries, she gets further up than Cato, and I see fear in 12's eyes. But then Glimmer collapses at my feet.

Cato pulls his sword out.

"You should throw that up here." She mutters.

The cheek. To make fun of any of us, especially Cato Hadley. No one back home would dare.

Cato laughs, and agrees, throwing the sword up. But it clatters through the branches and falls back down.

Katniss looks more confident now, she knows we can't get her.

Glimmers eyes brighten, she's just had an idea. She pulls her bow and arrow off her back, and positions it to shoot. She puts her arrow in place, and shoots. But it flies right past Katniss, her aim isn't too great.

Katniss grabs the arrow and it saws back down, and waves it down at us.

"Thanks for the arrow." She laughs, it wasn't even that funny.

We all look at each other, there's no way we can get her, Marvels javelin would never get through all those branches, and we have nothing else.

"We can just wait her out. Camp down her. She'll have to get down eventually. We'll get her then. And if she doesn't, she'll die of hunger or something up there." Peeta's suggestion isn't all that bad.

"Fine. Let's wait her out."

So we do. We set up camp right below Katniss Everdeen.

We sit for a while, and then the anthem starts playing. The girl from 8 is there. No one else.

Some bark falls down on us, and Cato suggests we go to sleep. We need the energy for killing 12 in the morning.

I stay awake, and lookout, I wake Cassia when I get tired, and I drift off.

I hear something falling, some buzzing, and finally a loud crack that snaps me awake.

Tracker Jackers. Everywhere. I scream, I scream like it's the only thing I can do. Then I remember I can run. So I do. I run and run and run. I hear footsteps behind me, and I know the others are following me. We get to the lake, after running for miles on miles.

I throw myself towards it, I've been stung, but not much. The pain is unbearable, and when I think I'm about to fall in the lake, I relax my legs, only to fall on hard ground. I drag myself forwards, before finally hitting the water.

The waters bubbling, and it's green, Catos behind me, he looks odd. He has 2,3,4 heads. One behind the other.  The sight of Cato amuses me, and I allow myself to laugh. There's a huge splash in my face, and Cato and Marvel land behind me. I go to grab one of them, and pull them into the water. But they're both already in.

"Where's Casimmer?" I ask, my voice is a little wobbly.

"W-who?"

"Cassia and Glimmer? Where are they?"

"Maybe still running, you wanna go check?"

"Maybe. Yes. I don't know. Yes. Let's go."

I cant decide, I feel like my mind wants 100 different things at once.

I climb out the lake, the Jackers are gone now, but I drop one of my knives into the water. It sinks right to the bottom, and I know it's gone now.

We walk around the field for a few minutes, getting used to the feel of our legs again. Then we walk into the woods.

Peeta is walking slowly through, back towards where we found Katniss in the tree.

He's soaking wet, so I guess he lost us and bathed in the stream.

He looks at us, terrified and runs the other way.

We follow him, shouting his name, when we hear him. At first I think he's shouting back to us, but he's shouting: "Run! Katniss! Run! What are you still doing here? RUN!"

Cato gets there first, and Katniss is gone, but Peeta's there, and he doesn't bother to run. I push through the bushes, and see Cato slash deep into Peeta's leg. He collapses to the ground, and screams in agony.

I hear rustling, and grab Cato, we don't know who it is.

Before we leave, I glance down, Glimmer and Cassias bodies lie there, bumpy and ugly. Glimmers bow and arrow have disappeared. I remember them screaming, and I realise I have no memory of them running.

I convince Cato that Peeta will die off in here, with a leg about to fall off, it's bound to give him an infection.

We hear the rustling again, and I turn around.

It's the boy from 3. I raise the knife I had in my hand, and his eyes fall.

"I can help you. If you just let me live. I can protect you, just see, please, I promise, I'll do anything." He's rushing his words out, even though we haven't said no.

District 3, technology. I think. He's obviously not going to be good at fighting, he's lanky and can barely stand straight.

I have an idea, "Can you reactivate mines? Is that possible?"

"I mean, probably, I'll try."

"Good."

He follows us back to the Cornucopia, he goes in front, so he can't kill us all from behind and run.

We take another route back, and luckily enough we do, as we run into the District 10 guy. The crippled one.

He hasn't noticed us yet. He's just sitting on a log, counting nuts in his hand. I slowly lift my knife, and throw it, he turns around a little late, sees us, then falls back as the knife lodges itself into his neck.

I don't bother to get my knife, it's better we leave now. We don't know who he's allied with now.

We all leave, and as we're walking past the part of the arena I haven't seen yet, I notice it's a wheat field. I see someone walking around, and by the wide shoulders and dark skin, I recognise that it's Thresh. I whisper to Cato and Marvel, and we hurry past.

We're not scared of him, but he could easily overpower any one of us.

We reach the Cornucopia, and where all the pedestals are.