14. What Really Happened

"I'm going to tell you everything that happened that night." Dream said to Karl.
"Dream. I- I'm not sure if I can do this."
"Karl. Listen to me now, because my parents are sending me away, and if I don't tell you now, you might not ever get to find out."

Karl agreed.

*Flash back of that night*

Dreams pov:

I leaned in and kissed Sapnap.
"I- uh- I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that."
I immediately said.

Sapnap didn't say anything. He was probably mad, I fucked up big time. He thought to himself.

"I should go." I finally said.
As I was walking away, Sapnap stopped me.

"No, it's okay Dream. Stay."
He said with tears in his eyes.

"Why are you crying?" I asked.
"I- you can't do that again Dream."
"I know. I won't. I don't know what came across me."

Sapnap hugged me. I could tell he was mad at me, but at the same time, I know he loves me, in a friend way.

"Wanna go for a walk?" I asked.
"Sure."

We walked along the beach and we seen some teens drinking, & having a bon fire.

They called out to us.
"HEY, YOU GUYS WANNA COME CHILL?"

I looked at Sapnap, he looked at Me.
"Wanna?" Sapnap asked.
I just nodded, because I didn't mind. We needed to get our minds off everything.

We sat there for two hours, drinking and doing whatever drugs they supplied.

We then played truth or dare.

"I dare you to kiss your best friend!" A girl shouted at Sapnap.
"AND, post it on your Instagram story!" A boy shouted.

We all laughed, and Sapnap agreed, which I was surprised about.

We did the dare, and I noticed Sapnap wasn't himself, he was obviously drunk, but he was happy, to happy.

Usually when he drinks, he gets sad and depressed.

"Sap? You okay?"
"Always." He responded with a huge smile.
"Karl?"
"Sap, it's me Dream."
"I love you so much Karl."
"We better get you home." I said laughing.
"Can we go to your house?" He asked.

I was hesitant at first but I agreed.

We got to my house, and we went inside. It's was pitch black inside and we had to be quiet, Sapnap not helping, was loud as fuck.

"Sapnap, be quiet."
"Or what?" He said laughing.
I didn't say anything. We went inside my room, and he immediately came onto me.

I know he was vulnerable, but I was also vulnerable.

"Sapnap, are you sure?"
"Yes."

We made out, and then he said, "Karl?"
I was shocked, did he think I was Karl that entire time? He couldn't have, right?

"Karl, you mean to the world to me, but I'm sleepy so I'm going to sleep."

*end of flash back*

"When I woke up, he was gone."
I tried to get ahold of him, but he wouldn't answer.

"What drugs was he given?" Karl asked with tears in his eyes.

"I think it was, Ecstasy"

"Oh my god Dream. He wasn't lying" Karl said sobbing.

"Karl, it's not your fault. If anything I shouldn't have let him drink. Especially knowing his state."

"I'm the worst boyfriend ever. I'm never gonna forgive myself." Karl said sobbing.

"Karl, listen to me. You've done nothing wrong. Sapnap loved you, he wouldn't want you to feel this way. If anything it's my fault, blame me. Not yourself." Dream said holding tight onto Karl.

10 minutes passed, the two of them stayed silent until finally Dream spoke up.

"My parents are sending me away. That's one of the reasons Sapnap and I ran away and drank."

"What? Why are they sending you away?"

"It's kinda obvious, isn't it? I'm not the most mentally stable. If anything I deserve it, I've been such an asshole friend to everyone."

"That doesn't mean you deserve to be sent away."

"Doesn't it?"

"No. What are you gonna do?"

"I'm gonna let them. I'm tired of fighting, I just want pain gone. And if that's what the meds are gonna do there, then so be it."

"Are they sending you to the hospital?" Karl asked.

"Psych ward."

"Dream. Have you been to one before? Those things are traumatizing."

"Yeah, when I was 11. My parents always threatened to put me there. I never believed them. But one day I was caught pinching my arms trying to give myself bruises, to be equal with Sapnap. He always came to school with bruises and I didn't want him to be alone. So I bruised myself to. And my parents thought that I was becoming 'crazy'."

"Oh my god, Dream. That's horrible. But has Sapnap always been.. abused?"

"As long as I can remember, yes. He would come to school with bruises all over, and would lie to the teacher he fell, or he got into a fight with another kid."

Karl was speechless, he didn't know what to say.

"Dream?"

"Yeah?"

"Sapnap was lucky to have a best friend like you. He may not have showed as much recently, but I know he loved you. He told me, you were like his brother. And I'm sorry I didn't push him to see you more."

"Don't be sorry. I kinda ruined our friendship if we're being honest."

"Dream?"

"Hm?"

"Did you really. Love him? More than friends."

"I-"

"It's okay if you did, don't feel ashamed."

"I'm sorry Karl, I'm so fucking sorry." He was crying hysterically now.

"Dream, it's okay, you knew him way longer than I have, you're allowed to feel that way. I'm sorry, you never got to really experience it with him, but you two would have been an amazing couple. Perhaps even better than he and I."

"Don't say that. Ever since you moved here, he's been nothing but happy. I feel so guilty, just knowing the fact I tried to ruin that."

They went silent again.

"Karl? I just want to apologize for everything."

"It's okay."

words: 995

This chapter sucked. And I honestly don't know what else to write for this story, so I'm going to end it here. I'm sorry for the crap ending. I may add another chapter in the future. Also I'm sorry I didn't write about prom. Karl skipped, for obvious reasons.