Phrasal Deviation: I'm sorry?

#104daysofsummervacation
#104daysofchenford
#Day10

Lucy

I'm sorry.

That's what he had chosen to say just before he kissed her. It wasn't any less spectacular than their first. It left her just as messed up.
He was putting the decisions in her hands. She got to decide what to do with his actions.

And it pissed her off.
Her rationale argued that Tim would never intentionally stick her with something like this. But it did feel like he'd just left her with that, and ran.

What was she supposed to do with that? I'm sorry?
Um...okay? Sorry for giving her the best kiss of her life? No...if he knew that, he'd only gloat. Sorry for sending her spiraling? No...he couldn't possibly understand what she was going through.

SORRY FOR WHAT?

"WHAT? Lucy, what's wrong?"
"Oh my gosh, I totally said that out loud."
"No. No, Lucy, you YELLED it at 2 am."
"Oh."
"So...is there a problem?"
"Not any new ones."
"Ah..." Tamara said with a smirk, "Tim?"
"Again, I ask, what else is new?"
"Well, if that's it, can I go back to bed trusting that you'll contain your grievances at least until tomorrow morning?"
"Yes. I'm so sorry."
"You have nothing to apologize for. Besides, it sounds like an apology is what got you upset in the first place."

Lucy groaned and shoved another spoonful of ice cream into her mouth.

Tim

"I'm sorry? That's what you said to her?"
"For the hundredth time Angela, yes."
"And you don't see the problem with it?"
"If I thought there wasn't something wrong with it or me, I would not be sitting here with you, buying you drinks the evening after a UC op. I would be at home, watching the game I DVR'd and drinking a beer."

"Okay, okay, okay. Point made there, height-defying hobbit."
He surveyed her skeptically. "Do you even know what you're saying?"
"Isn't it like a movie franchise?"
"Angela, what is wrong with you? It's a book saga. The movies, they're good, but to get the true experience, you have to read the books."
"Hello to you nerd. Where have you been hiding?"

He sighed. "Maybe giving you alcohol was a bad idea. You are of no help to me right now."
"No take-backsies Timmy."
"Oh great."
"But seriously, what do you want me to do?"
"I want you to help me figure out how to fix it."
She narrowed her eyes. "I am not your quick-fix-it therapist, Timmy."

"Angela," he said, exasperated, "I am actually paying you. So...technically, you are."
"Well, when you put it like that...I guess I do owe you some morsel of common sense."
"Common sense from a drunk woman doesn't make much sense."
"You're getting what you paid for."

He groaned into his hands, "Do you know how wrong that sounds?"
"You know what's wrong? Telling the woman you're in love with, that you're sorry, before kissing her."
"I don't know how she feels, Ang."
"That literally does not matter. Before you said those two little words, as far as either as you were concerned, it was the job. But then you got personal," she inhaled sharply, "hold up."
"What-what?"
"Little Timmy Bradford. Getting personal. Must-process..."

"Angela. Angela! Quit the theatrics. Finish your thoughts."
"So demanding. Wait...you just asked me to keep talking. WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO?" She had the attention of most of the bar now.

"Okay. No more alcohol for you."
"One more shot and I will tell you everything you need to hear."

Two shots later, she was off and running. "Okay, you got personal. We went over that. Now, Chen is likely reeling, knowing her, not a good thing."
"But if she doesn't feel the same, does that matter?"
"Oh, Timmy," she shook her head sadly, "you have much to learn. That doesn't matter. She has feelings. It's going to mix her up no matter how she feels. Because now she is likely wondering why you apologized. Did you regret it? Did you regret that it was her?"
"I-"
"No, exactly," she interrupted, "but that's likely what she's dealing with. She's going to be touchy around you now. You've abandoned her on a cliffhanger and she doesn't know how to cope."

"Alright, alright. So. What do I do?"
"How do you solve a cliffhanger?"
"You-"
"You finish coloring the picture. You connect the last few puzzle pieces. You write the director of the movie saga a threatening letter to encourage a quick follow-up film that answers all of your questions."
"What?"
"A story for another time."
"No...what do you mean?"
"You tell her, Tim. You tell her how you feel. Just get it out there. She'll either reciprocate or she'll shut you down. But trust me, I am 95% sure she won't ice you out."
"It's the 5% I'm concerned about."

"Tim. Be a man. Tell her how you feel."

"Tim?"
"Yeah?"
"Take me home."
"That also sounds so wrong, Angela."
"Just pretend I'm Lucy."
"I am never sponsoring your drinking marathon ever again."
"That won't last. I will break you."