I gotta know, what WERE you thinking?

#104daysofsummervacation
#104daysofchenford
#Day18

"Tim!" Angela called.
"Yeah? OW! What was that for?" He rubbed the base of his neck where she had slapped him. It made him think of a distracting evening in Lucy's living room.

"How was Hawaii?"
"It was good. The sand on the beach is actually white, no joke," he said, not sure of why she was being so hostile.
"Uh-huh. And, um, how did Ashley like Hawaii?"
He shrugged, "She says she had a good time. She found herself a good group that she hung out with most of the time."
"Wait, why wasn't she with you?" Angela asked, seemingly thrown off by this news.
"Um...because we broke up like just before the trip? I mean, I told her she could go on her own or invite a friend but she still wanted me to come."

She took this in. Then she slapped him again.
"Angela, I am this," he pinched his fingers together, "close to actually reporting you."
This didn't seem to phase her as she said, "You are more of an idiot than I figured to be."

He threw up his hands in frustration. "WHAT! What is it? What unforgivable thing have I done this time?"
"Timmy-" "Oh how I prayed you would not remember that."
"Tough luck there, Timmy. Anyway, you went on a romantic vacation. With your ex, sure. But quite the romantic aesthetic."
"I don't follow."

She looked about ready to slap him again.
"Please, don't slap me."
She sighed. "Tim. Follow my line here, okay? You, Ashley, Hawaii? Right? Couple that with, ahem, Lucy?"

It took a few precious seconds for it to set in. When it did, it was like a blow to the gut. 
"Oh, shit."
"Hey, look who finally showed up."
"She thinks I went on vacation with my girlfriend without saying anything to her. She thinks I think that nothing mattered. Oh, shit! Angela, you have to help me fix this."

"This is going to cost you. You seriously screwed this up, Tim."
"I will literally pay anything right now."
"That is not a safe statement, BUT. I won't pretend I didn't hear it. You will live to regret that sentence."

"Not as much as I regret this moment, right now."
"Okay, faulty prince charming, let's plan the hell out of this bitch."