Valhalla

The four of them hadn't yet moved from their spot outside of the building, facing the road which Reginald Hargreeves was currently driving down.

"You know," Five spoke up, "I'm starting to get the feeling Dad's avoiding us."

"I don't get it," Serena said, scrunching her eyebrows together. "He doesn't even know us yet. At least, he's not supposed to."

"Hate to be the boring one, guys, but uh, it's time we get the hell out of here," Lila said, glancing at the entrance of the building where the guests of the party were starting to exit.

Five narrowed his eyes at her. "When you say we, who exactly are you referring to?"

"Not a lot of ambiguity in that sentence," Lila muttered.

"Listen, I don't know who you are or where you came from, but whatever it is, I'd advise you return posthaste."

"Why do want Lila gone so bad?" Serena scolded. "She has done nothing wrong. In fact, she's been helping us the entire time. You could be a little more grateful."

"Besides, Lila's right," Diego said. The crowd of people kept growing, and it wasn't doing them any good. They had to get out of there before anyone noticed how suspicious they were amongst the other guests. "We gotta get out of here."

Unfortunately, Lila was offended by Five's words. Her eyebrows raised to the top of her head at his audacity. "I just saved Serena's life, you kinder-shit. If I hadn't stepped in, all that would be left of her is her bloody dress."

"Which were very grateful for," Diego assured her, with Serena nodding along.

Five had a different idea. "That's the problem," he said. His eyes burned hers in a staring match. "You're too good. You ask too many questions. You know too much. And you fight like you know what you're doing."

Diego tilted his head and raised his eyes to stare at Lila. "He's got a point."

"Alright, now back up," Serena protested, moving to stand beside Lila and crossing her arms defiantly. "Where she learned how to fight is none of our business. And I know that with our past and lifestyle comes lots of paranoia, but I'm not going to interrogate the woman who just saved my life."

Lila flashed her a grateful look. She could handle those two herself, but having someone on her side was nice.

"You're too trusting sometimes, Serene," Diego said while shaking his head.

Serena frowned. "Or perhaps I'm just not as judgemental as you are."

Five stepped forwards slowly, his hands raised. "Don't let her pit you against us, Serena," he warned. "Were your family. She's basically a stranger, straight out of the looney bin too."

"I'm not against you," she sighed.

"Then won't you trust me on this?"

Serena didn't know what to say to that. Of course she trusted him. She trusted him whole-heartedly. But that didn't mean that he was always right.

"You're kind of putting her on the spot there, mate," Lila said, eyes shifting between the siblings.

Diego stepped forward and put his hand on Serena's shoulder. "You know what? This has been a very interesting conversation, but right now, we need to scram."

He wrapped his arm around her figure and spun her around so that they could walk off under the guise of a couple, the same way they had arrived. The others would find their own way back.

The rhythmic tapping of their feet against the concrete was calming.

Serena looked up at Diego. Her facial expression was something between uncertain and upset. It was obvious she felt bad about arguing with Five, especially because she walked off before they could make up. "You don't think I went too far, did you?" she whispered, shivering as the wind hit her naked arms.