Extra Ordinary

The next day, after eating the breakfast that Grace prepared for her (eggs and bacon), Serena heard a weird noise coming from outside of the academy. When it didn't stop after a few minutes, she started to get curious and walked in the direction of the noise.

Turns out, that Klaus was causing the commotion by rummaging through the dumpster behind the building.

"What are you doing?"

Klaus jumped at the sound of her voice, and, unbeknownst to her, Ben chuckled at his brother.

"Cece," he realized. "You scared me there."

Serena wore an amused smile on her face. "Any reason you're going through the trash?"

Klaus just hummed. "And it has nothing to do with that box Pogo asked about, I'm sure."

He turned to her with a sheepish smile. "Please don't tell him I lost it! He'll kill me for sure."

"Of course not," Serena said reassuringly. "I'm not gonna rat you out. Hope you find the box."

Klaus flashed his sister a grateful smile, and just as she was about to leave, she saw Five climbing through his window. Her curiosity as to what Five was doing made her stay.

Klaus dove in the dumpster again, while groaning to himself: "Damn it, where's Dad's stuff?"

"Can we go see a movie or something?" Ben asked. "Preferably with Serena."

He was ignored by the only person that could see him, so he continued.

"Or the ocean? Take her for a walk along the beach?"

"Shut up!" Klaus snapped. "Not you," he told Serena with a small smile.

He sighed in desperation. "I'm trying to find whatever... priceless crap was in that priceless box so that Pogo will get off my ass!"

Serena chuckled at her brother, causing Ben to smile at the sound.

"I'd ask what you're up to, Klaus, but then it occurred to me... I don't care." Five was now on the ground, holding onto the straps of the duffle bag and flashing Serena a quick smile which she happily returned.

"Hey!" Klaus exclaimed before laughing. "You know there are easier ways out of the house, buddy?"

"This one involved the least amount of talking," he stated. "Or so I thought."

"Oh, come on," Serena teased him. "You know that talking to me is the highlight of your day."

Five smiled at her. She was not wrong.

"Hey, hey, hey, so..." Klaus interrupted the two before taking a swig from the flask he had in his hand. "You need any more company today?" His question was directed at Five. "I could, uh... clear my schedule."

"Looks like you've got your hands full," Five retorted.

"Oh, this? No, no. I can do this whenever. I'm just-" He cut himself off by falling backwards into the dumpster, causing both Ben and Serena to laugh.

"I just misplaced something. That's all," Klaus reassured Five. "Oh! Found it! Thank god!" He took a half-eaten donut out of the trash, and took a bite out of it, causing Serena to cringe. "Delicious," Klaus exclaimed.

"I'm done funding your drug habit," Five said with a roll of his eyes. He was about to walk away when Serena spoke up.

"I can come with you, if you want," she said.

Five was tempted to let her tag along. Not only was she incredibly helpful, she was also great company. Unfortunately, he had to disappoint her.

"I told you already, I don't want you getting caught up in this," he said with a sigh.