Chapter 5

Everything was blurry. It was like when it's really cold outside and your eyes water and your vision starts to go fuzzy. My head was aching and sore, and I winced when I touched my forehead to try and numb the headache; probably a bruise there or something.

I looked down at the hand, and there was what looked like dried blood on the knuckles. That's gross as hell, especially since it's from him. Sighing, I pulled myself off of the floor, and went up the stairs that lead from the basement to a hallway on the ground floor of the house. He was sitting at the kitchen table, snoring his head off. He'd been drinking (it didn't take a genius to figure this out, as there was an assortment of different beer cans scattered around the floor).

That man. The first man that I ever hated. The first man who hated me. I wanted to leave. It's all I wanted to do, honestly. But he wouldn't let me. Almost as if an alarm went off when I walked past, he sprung up and stood in front of me, ready to hurt me, this time physically rather than emotionally.

"I don't want to fight, Grisha," I said his name - this man was no father of mine, "I want to leave."

"But Eren, I thought you loved being a lazy ass all day? You're not leaving. Got it?" He smirked at me triumphantly, and I scowled at him.

"Fine." I yelled, and stormed back to my room, but not before I grabbed one of the many cans of beer that were sitting on the side.

As I cracked open the can, I turned on my music and blasted it before turning in my xBox. I had 7 messages, and they were all from Levi, asking where I was. Funny, somebody actually cared. I couldn't be bothered with all of my friends. They all had their own problems. None of them cared about mine. Unlike me, there world actually revolved around gaming. I just enjoyed it and happened to do it a lot.

Almost as soon as I had put a game in the disc tray, I got a party invite from HumanitysStrongest. I ignored it. Not trying to be a cool, antisocial guy or anything, I just didn't feel like human interaction was necessary or important right now.

He must have realised that I was ignoring him, because he was blowing up my Skype with calls. After about 12 individual calls, I picked up. I didn't realise how much of a mess I looked.

"Eren? Are you good?" He asked, raising an eyebrow at my appearance, possibly at how loud my music was. Well shit, I thought as I saw what I looked like. My hair was a mess for starters, and there was an annoying bruise on the left side of my hairline.

"Would you like to explain why you're spamming me with calls?" I almost shouted, taking a drink out of the can of beer I was holding, and I noticed that I had made a dent in the side from grabbing it so hard.

"Aren't you too young to be drinking?" He asked, maybe mocking me.

"Shut up, Levi. I'm not in the mood right now, and my head hurts."

"Well drinking sure as hell isn't going to stop it!" There was a hint of amusement in his voice, "anyway, how'd you get that mark on your face? And why'd you hang up on me?"

"I'd rather not talk about it." Groaning, I took another drink, and he looked at me in a pissed-off way.

"You get in a fight?" He questioned. This guy never gives up, does he?

"I guess you could call it that," I mumbled.

"Kid. Just tell me, if I can help, I will." I sighed at this.

"The man that's biologically called my father, but not mentally." I spat before hanging up. Immediately, he called me back. And again. And again, and again, and again, and I screamed and started beating the shit out of a pillow. When people don't care, I get mad, but when people do care, I don't like it. Wow.

I lay in my bed, and a tear dripped off one of my eyelashes. Fuck this.