They exist?!?

With a sad smile she said goodbye to her family. Just as she was about to leave with her cousins, her dad spoke up. "I'm glad you two found someone you can call dad again. Be happy little Star." Percy nodded with tears in her eyes as she put the necklace back on and left with the two others.

The flower led them through the fields of punishment and up a hill. They talked to Sisyphus about ways out of the underworld who told them to talk to Melinoe. The three made their way to the goddess of ghosts. On their way they got attacked by daemons who mentioned an Iapetus who was their new master.

During the fight one of the monsters managed to tear into Percy's left side before Nico vaporized it.

Nico carefully gave Percy a bit of nectar as she cried out.

After Percy's wound got dressed and Thalia gave her some ambrosia the son of Hades paled even more after thinking about the monster and the wound it inflicted on Percy.

"That wound... the Keres are spirits of disease and pestilence as well as violence. We can slow down the infection, but eventually you'll need serious healing. I mean a god's power. Otherwise..."

He didn't finish his train of thoughts but both girls knew what he meant. If the wound doesn't gets healed soon Percy won't leave the underworld ever again.

Percy assured them she would be fine and wanted to go on but felt nauseous immediately. They talked about Iapetus and remembered he was a Titan, brother of Kronos and the father of Atlas.

Together the three thought about what Kronos plan could be and none of the ideas they came up with sounded good to them. Percy forced herself to keep going to get to Melinoe. They walked on till they reached the river Lethe. One drop of its water and a person would forget everything of their life.

There was no way for the three demigods to cross it. No way that wouldn't need water powers. Percy gave her best to stop and part the river, but nothing helped. The pain from her injury only made it worst but an idea struck her head.

Slowly and painfully, she lifted her hands above her head willing the water to follow her.

It formed an arch, flowing into the air and back down on the other side. Nico and Thalia were quick to run to the other side as Percy slowly made her way through the riverbank. The Lethe fought back. It didn't want to be forced out of its bank and wanted to crash down on Percy and her cousins.

Somewhere in the middle Percy tripped and her concentration broke as Thalia cried. "NO!" Percy could only focus on one thought.

To stay dry.

A thin layer of air formed around her, stopping the water from touching her in any way. As the girl stepped out of the river her two cousins jumped back before rushing to help her. The daughter of Poseidon passed out again only to wake up to the taste of nectar. They made their way to Melinoe's cave.

The goddess looked tall with blonde hair. Her face was stern, and she held a wine glass.

Thalia lowered her bow and spoke with tears in her eyes. "Mother?" The woman spoke about Thalia's so-called 'failures'. Percy warned her, telling her it was just a shade.

The daughter of Zeus had a short argument with the goddess in front of them until Nico screamed stop and the goddess changed her form before facing him.

She was harder to see but wore an old-fashioned black velvet dress with a matching hat, a string of pearls and white gloves. Her dark hair was tied back. Nico stopped in his tracks, muttering 'no' repeatedly. She talked to Nico before he could get out only one word. "Mama?" he asked. "No, it's my mother." Thalia murmured as if she still saw the first image.