Chapter 1

In the old pier of Gotham City, rain ruled over every inch of the skies covering thugs working on the preparation of many shipments to be aboard on an unidentified ship.

Thug #1: "It's quite heavy," lifting a large box along with a partner.

Thug #2: "Agree, but I wonder what's inside?" looking at the box trying to see its content.

Thug #3: "Hey you, don't mess with the merchandise..." pointing at them with a pen while holding a notebook, "the Penguin would be mad if we break at least one package."

Thug #2: "Oh yeah," leaving the box on the floor and starting to mocking, "Hello, I'm the Penguin, look at me along with my fine collection of umbrellas," making laugh many thugs when suddenly there a bullet piercing through Thug #2' head.

The Penguin: "Come on guys keep working and stop fooling around..." angrily putting his gun, "we have to finish before HE finds us", pulling up his umbrella due to the arrival of the rain.

As the thugs began speeding up, the sound of the rain was taking reign over other sounds leaving deaf them from their surroundings. Two of them decide to rest for a while by sitting down against a dark alley.

Thug #4: "Do you really believe about HIM," pulling out from his pocket a hip flask.

Thug #5: "HIM? jeje," lighting up a cigarette, "It's just a fake rumor of the cops in order to scare us, but it wouldn't happen," soaking the tip of his cigarette. I have never seen it ever since it supposedly started."

Thug #3: "Stop messing around and keep working" making their conversation stop.

Thug #4 placed the flask in his pocket and walked towards the packages, while Thug #5 only stood up and dropped his cigarette to step on it. When suddenly he was dragged from there towards the darkness. The other thug got confused and dragged his gun approaching where his partner was.

Thug #4: "Hey, buddy?" asking and pointing the gun nervously, "Is this just a joke, then please stop it." receiving no reply.

Thug #3: "What the heck are you doing, get back here and–" is interrupted by being dragged by a dark creature.

The Thug #4 began to run desperately towards his other partners and the Penguin alerting them about the dark menace; however, the creature landed from the sky knocking him out and preparing to fight with the others. The Penguin could only hear from the main of the pier the gunshots and screams from his thugs as they struggled to fight the creature; he picked a shotgun and remained there as soon as the commotion went quiet. Fear began to strike him as he heard deep footsteps approaching the office and went silent; there was only the sound of the rain making him stand against the wall. As soon as he tried to calm down, there was a dark fist piercing through the wall dragging him outside from the office and throwing him next to the water.

The Penguin: "What the hell–" starting to cough, "Don't you know who the heck I am, psycho?"

???: "Cobblepot," inciting fear and interrogating, "Where is the device?"

The Penguin: "What didn't you check that we only have our products?" trying to avoid the asked topic without success, "I-I would not tell you anything about it, FREAK!" inducing anger to the creature.

???: "Wrong answer," breaking the right arm of The Penguin, "Now, you would tell me the truth," dragging him over the cool water of the sea, "Or would you rather find out if a penguin can swim with both of his flippers broken?"