Chapter 27

At the nursing area of the Japanese batcave, there was a little gray-haired girl laid on a medical bed; her eyes were slowly opening, showing her the place where she was. Her anxiety was rising as she remembered this place to be part of her previous torment with Overhaul; fortunately her quirk wasn't activated due to the previous attack where the vest did its job of not allowing her energy to be overflowed. She was crying and covering her head with her tiny hands while asking for help until a very familiar and calm voice came.

Midoriya: "Eri-chan, everything is alright. I'm here," hugging her to calm her anxiety.

Eri: "Deku! Deku, please, don't go away," her voice was showing great panic, "that man wants me back and... and..." remembering the person who caused her biggest torment.

Midoriya: "Don't worry Eri-chan, it was just a nightmare, yes, just a nightmare," calming her down.

Uraraka: "Eri-chan, calm down, you're saved. We're here with you," grabbing her tiny hands.

Eri: "But that man... Overhaul came and..." still having flashbacks from the nightmare, "Deku and Lemillion died because of me."

Midoriya: "Eri-chan, it wasn't real, look," wiping out the tears of her cheeks while she was looking at him, "I'm still here, healthy as ever," giving a bright smile.

Eri: "Hmm hmm," nodding as she was slowly calming.

Alfred: Arriving at the area with a food tray, "it seems that the little girl has awakened," placing the tray next to the bed.

Uraraka: "Hey look Eri-chan," getting her attention, "there are some cutted apples here, do you want some?"

Eri: Her stomach started to sound, "yes... thank you," slightly coming out from the hug.

Uraraka: "Okay," grabbing a fork to pick the piece of an apple, "say 'ahh'," taking the piece close to Eri's mouth.

The little girl after eating the first piece of apple; she started eating the apples but still refugged herself into Midoriya's arms; the butler went towards the main computer to continue working on what he was previously on. After a couple of minutes, Bruce came out from the changing room, already dressed with the bat suit, and as he passed by the nursing area, Eri's attention was caught by his presence.

Eri: "Who..." looking at Bruce passing by, "who's he? Is he another hero?"

Midoriya: "Well, do you remember when we talked about an American vigilante when we were going to the amusement park, yesterday on the train?"

Eri: "Bat-san?" Remembering the conversation of the students through the nickname.

Uraraka: "Yes, that's him," confirming Eri, "he was the one that saved you back at the alley, and later his butler asked us to take you here to treat you with the proper medication," just giving a simple explanation to the little girl.

Midoriya: "I'm very thankful to them for saving you," showing a thankful smile.

Eri: Thinking about Batman's actions, "I... I want to..." Trying to gain some courage, "I want to thank him for saving me."

Midoriya and Uraraka accepted the idea of Eri, so the green-haired girl carried the little girl with his arms and started taking her towards where Bruce went, followed by his classmate. When they were arriving into the main computer area, they could hear a conversation between the vigilante and the butler.