Chapter 18

It was a Monday in the afternoon where the majority of students were now finishing the normal activities of their institutions by returning to their homes or staying for their extra activities, but for now, they are not the main focus. From the previous mountains where the Wayne property is located, inside of the caverns, there was Bruce Wayne dressed with his suit that presents some damage from the previous incident at the shopping center and was also not wearing the mask; he was analyzing some data at the main computer trying to find any clue that could lead to an advantage.

Alfred: "Master Wayne, I thought you will change his suit for another one that was in a better state," arriving from the elevator and coming to the main computer while having in his hands a plate, "I even prepared the replacement yesterday."

Bruce: "Sorry Alfred, but for now this suit will still work," looking at the computer.

Alfred: "Did you know about the explosions that happened at night?" leaving the plate over the table.

Bruce: "Those explosions are not related to this case, so I left that aside," continuing looking at the files.

Alfred: "Very well," preparing some tea next to the plate, "may I ask you what are you investigating now, Master Wayne?"

Bruce: "I was analyzing the data from the police department of Musutafu about the evidence that was gathered from the recent fight in the shopping center, and the armor of Lynns was finally inputted into the system. The analysis shows it possesses an advanced thermal-maintenance control," showing on the screen the police information, "I decided to pair this technology with many previous data to find any matches, limiting them only up to the area where Lynns usually operates, and the matches were the technology from the Wayne Enterprises, S.T.A.R. Labs, Queen Industries, and Stagg Enterprises."

Alfred: "Discarding obviously the Wayne Enterprises, which one do you speculate that could be responsible for providing that technology to Mr.Lynns?" Intrigued what conclusion Bruce will have.

Bruce: Showing many files of each of the corporations, "Queen Industries is discarded as his owner, Oliver Queen, is a current heroe. Stagg Enterprises is currently going through heavy financial issues which could be a potential motive, yet Simon Stagg is not quite clever in maintaining discretion on his business decisions. So, it leaves S.T.A.R. Labs as the possible source," pulling away the other two files and focusing on the S.T.A.R. Labs files, "From what I remember, Star Labs focuses only on the Quirk studies helping with the equipment of many American heroes and also with the building of prisons where the environment retains all types of villains; however, they are affiliated with many other corporations allowing them to access to many other study areas," comparing the police data and the corporations' contributions to S.T.A.R. Labs, "and after analyzing each of them, I found a strong match with a case study leaded by LexCorp exploring a possible profited source of energy on the thermal field."

Alfred: "Are you suggesting that LexCorp is part of this mystery?" Impressed how analitic the explanation was.

Bruce: "However; it doesn't make any sense; LexCorp is not involved with the Quirk studies, even Luthor told me the reason behind it," assimilating that a friend of his is collaborating in such crime, "but in the end, it all comes together."

Alfred: "Master Wayne, do you really think that Mr. Luthor will affiliate himself with other criminals to achieve something?" Doubting that this could be true.

Bruce: "Alfred, Count Vertigo was at the LexCorp party from Saturday and even is staying at his hotel; I don't think that he will attend a party that is far away from Vatlavan and staying for the few days as a vacation, having in mind that his political status is at risk," remembering all details he got from hacking Vertigo's phone but he was interrupted by an alert coming from the main computer.