14: No Flowers

Y/N's POV:

I had caught up to Mina in the courtyard after we were on that wild goose chase with that security guard. I was so thankful that Jennie was there in that moment. If she wasn't there, we would've gotten caught. Maybe I'll do something for her later to show my gratitude...

"Y- Y/N... what are we even doing here?" Mina asked as she was catching her breath. I was scared that she'd turn around if I told her that we were playing hooky, so I decided to entice her curiosity even more.

"Just follow me."

From my words, Mina followed me without hesitation. We made our way to my motorcycle when I finally told her what we were doing.

"Mina, we're both playing hooky right now!"  I tried to sound as excited as possible so I could downplay that we were actually skipping school. I even outstretched my arms and had a huge grin on my face.

Too bad Mina is so keen and she caught on with what I said.  She felt conflicted when she heard what we'd be skipping school.  I knew that she'd be worried about skipping, but I trusted that SaMo would cover for us in class. Even those two weren't good at math, I knew that they were good at things like this.

"Y/N, why are we even skipping school right now..?"

To be honest, I wished that she hadn't asked an innocent question like that.  I don't even know why I decided that skipping school would be the only way to hang out with her. 

If I had rationally thought about things in that moment, I could've waited to hang out with her.  But... I don't think that I could wait for that long anymore.  My dumb heart was making me do all of these irrational things because of her.

"Because I wanted to hang out with you."

As per the promise that I made with myself, I was going to be confident for today.  After all the trouble that we've went through just now, it'd be dumb of me to stop now.

Mina was surprised from my straightforward answer.  She was speechless in this very moment because how was she supposed to respond to this?  I mean I'd be flustered too if I was in her position.  If I had known that someone was playing hooky just to spend time with me, I'd be surprised too.

"But why?  I'm boring compared to the other 8."

"Well, to me you're not.  That's why we're hanging out today."

============================

Mina's POV:

I was dumbfounded when Y/N had suddenly said that to me. I'm sure my face was turning red as my heart was beating fast from his words. Turning away from his gaze, I could still hear him laugh.  He ruffled my hair and I couldn't help but internally freak out in this moment.

I wanted to scream and run away, but he was standing right there.  I gripped the strap of my backpack tightly as I heard him say those words.  Hearing things like that made me happy, but it also made me flustered.

This was the first time I'd be skipping school and I was so nervous. What if the manager found out that I wasn't at school? Would they tell JYP? All of these worries were running through my mind when Y/N placed his hand on my shoulder.

"Mina, we've already gone through enough trouble trying to get here. I know you're nervous about this, but let's just have fun for today. We'll worry about these things later."

His words were so comforting and all of my worries had dissipated into thin air.  I must've blushed as I saw his smile once again.  Seeing that he had gone through all of that trouble to look more handsome than he usually did for today, the least that I could do was take him up on his offer.