10: Heart Shaker

Y/N POV:

I woke up around 8:00AM although it wasn't a school day today.  The city life wasn't as busy as usual, but I still could hear the faint sounds of the Seoul city from my tiny apartment.  I slept on the couch last night, but I surprisingly had the best sleep that I've had in a long time. Ever since I was little, I had the same dreams over and over.  Well... these dreams weren't dreams, they were borderline nightmares for me.

These dreams varied, but it always followed the same pattern. It'd start off normal where I'd be with my parents, but by the end of the dream, they'd eventually leave me alone in a barren and gloomy place.  Even though I got used to these dreams, I could never prepare myself for the inevitable end.  Yet... last night's dream was different. 

"I won't leave you ever again..."

Those words felt so tangible, as if I heard it with my very own ears.  Even though those words came from my dream, it felt so surreal.  Just hearing those words sent shivers down my spine.  It would be nice to hear those words in real life, but hearing it from my dreams is suffice for me.

I got up from the couch and quietly walked over to my room.  The door was ajar and I peeked into the room through the small crack left by the door.  The early morning sunlight passed through the curtains and reflected onto her.

Mina was quietly breathing as she slept there comfortably in my bed.  She was huddled up under the covers and I could only see her face. She looked very cute, I won't lie. It was like a penguin wrapped up in a blanket.

I didn't want to wake her up since she seemed very exhausted.  Knowing how much she's worked for these past couple weeks, she deserved to sleep in. I headed into the kitchen to cook breakfast for the two of us.  I knew for a fact that she'd be starving once she got up.

"Hm, I got some hotcake mix... eggs... and some fruit.."  I muttered to myself as I checked both the fridge and pantry for ingredients. 

I decided to make some simple hotcakes and eggs with a side of fruit.  Following the hotcake mix instructions, I managed to make the batter and began to make the hotcakes once the pan was pre-heated.  20 more minutes passed when I heard my bedroom door creak open. 

"Good morning, Mina."  I said smiling at her as I was cooking the scrambled eggs in the pan.  She was too tired to do or say anything.  She looked like a zombie as she walked out the room, rubbing one of her eyes with her hand.  I quietly chuckled to myself as I shifted my view from her to the stove.  She definitely wasn't a morning person.

"Good morning to you too, Y/N."  She groggily said as she headed towards the bathroom.  A few minutes later, she looked more awake as she took a seat at the counter, watching me make breakfast.

"Just wait there for a few more minutes, the eggs are almost done."  I said as I seasoned the scrambled eggs with a bit of salt and pepper.  Once the eggs were done, I made two plates of hotcakes with syrup, eggs, and a side of cut fruits.  I placed a plate in front of her as I took a seat right by her at the counter.

"Thank you, Y/N." Mina said. She cut a part of a hotcake before eating it. "This is really good..." She said as she continued to eat.

Hearing compliments coming from Mina made me feel a bit flustered. Even though, I heard compliments in the past about my cooking, I never felt a sense of elation compared to right now.

"I mean, you'd want food to be delicious and edible, yeah?" I said jokingly as I ate my eggs. She laughed a bit at my words and put some ketchup on her eggs.  We made small talk as we continued to eat.  Most of the small talk was about TWICE's comeback.