Chapter 28: Revenge

Y/N POV

Clem and Kenny are alright which makes me so happy and me and Clem are about to get out to turn the PA system on.

We gather by the wall. Mike boosts me up and I reach the ladder and climb to the top..

Rebecca: Be sure to remember to flip the switch for the outdoor speakers. Just the indoor speakers might not draw the herd. It's right on the microphone box.

Y/N: Right.

Rebecca: By default it's set to play music, so you should just have to turn it on, right? Then climb back up and drop into the stockroom. We'll meet you there.

Y/N: Can you tell us again?

Rebecca: You gotta set off th...

Y/N: I'm just fucking with you. Down into the office, outdoor speaker switch, turn on PA, up to the roof, down into the stockroom to meet you guys. That right?

Rebecca: Perfect.

Mike pulls on the rope to raise Clem to the roof.

Y/N: Hey beautiful.

Clem: Hey handsome.

Sarita: Be careful!

Clem: 'Kay.

Rebecca: Kids! Make sure you bring Alvin.

Y/N: We'll try.

Clem and me walk to the skylight, we open it, and drops down into Carver's office. Alvin is still slumped over in the chair.

Y/N: Alvin!

Clem looks at the PA system and switches on the external speakers.

Clem: Okay, now the mic...

Clem turns the volume knob, but music doesn't play.

Clem: Wh-- what's wrong?

Clem tries to turn on the CD receiver, but nothing happens.

Clem: No, no, no, no...

I open the disk tray and there's no disk in it

Y/N: Clem there's no CD.

I hand the CD from the shelf below the desk to the desk, Clem inserts it, and turns it on.

Clem: Come on, come on... Please, work.

Clem turns up the volume.

Speakers: This Fourth of July, make sure your backyard barbecue is complete with Howe's full line of products to meet your grilling needs.

Upon hearing the recording, Bonnie runs to the pen.

Alvin starts searching the desk drawer.

Clem: Alvin, are... are you okay?

Alvin find a pistol.

Alvin: Carver talks all that tough guy shit, then keeps the tiniest gun in the universe. Somethin' funny about that.

I laugh.

Speakers: You have the project, we have the know-how. Howe's.

Clem and me see Carver and several guards mobilizing.

Y/N: Come on! We have to go you bastard!

Alvin: I ain't goin' anywhere, but you two are. Go on. I mean to get some payback.

Clem: No! We're leaving. We're all leaving.

Alvin: I ain't fit to move, kids. I've... I've run outta road.