Chapter 42: Power Station Part 2

Y/N POV

We are settling down at the Power station and we are tasked with trying to bring Kenny and Jane over.

Clem: I miss TV. Feels like forever since we had electricity...

Y/N I know honey bun. I wish I could play a guitar with an amp.

We walk up to Jane.

Jane: They expect you two to lure me over there with alcohol? I wouldn't have expected a bottle to last this long. It's probably been a while for everyone.

Clem: Will it work?

Jane: That depends. What is it?

Clem: It's rum...

Jane takes the bottle and looks over at the others.

Jane: I don't know. It might be awkward. I wasn't expecting to... you know... be around.

Clem: Why, 'cause you made it with Luke?

Jane: What does that even mean? What's the "it"?

Clem: You know.

Jane: Yeah... 'cause I "made it" with Luke.

Y/N: Out of ten how was "it"?

Jane: Eight.

Y/N: Nice going Luke.

Jane playfully punches my arm.

Jane: Hey!

Clem: What does that mean?

Y/N: Nothing your tiny mind would understand.

Clem: Are you calling me dumb?

Y/N: No. I'm calling you small.

Clem punches me in the arm.

Clem: Dork.

Jane: Why does this feel like I'm signing a contract or something? (takes a sip) That's really good. Have you two had any? You want a sip? It's okay. It just might burn a little. You'll feel it in your nose.

Y/N: Clem isn't drinking.

Jane: Just one like sip.

Y/N: Fine.

Clem takes a sip and coughs.

Jane: You okay?

Kenny looks over at us.

Jane: Uh-oh. Busted. I better take that back. I wasn't much older than you when I had my first drink... God, I was so stupid back then. There was this time I broke into my parents' liquor cabinet and drank a whole bottle of this really spicy, sweet liquor... what was it's name? It was dumb... Earthquake or something.

Clem: Sounds like you were a bad kid.

Y/N: I know I was.

Jane: I guess I was. At the bottom of the bottle there were these sugar crystals, and I got it in my head that I really wanted to eat a couple. So, I got the bright idea to smash it on my parents' dining room floor to get at 'em. And it shattered into a thousand pieces... all over the dining room. And I proceeded to eat what I thought was sugar candy. It was not sugar candy.

Y/N: Fuck me you're stupid.

Jane: Yeah, Y/N. I was drunk. The problem with glass is it looks a lot like sugar crystals.

Clem: That's never really been a problem for me.

Jane: Keep it that way. My sister found me... drunk... blood pouring out of my mouth. Jaime thought I was drying, so she called 911. They pumped my stomach. Got grounded for 6 months.