Chapter 40: Jessie

I could feel a headache coming on, which meant one thing. Aiden was up to something. If it were anyone else, I wouldn't care. But Aiden is a problem. He can be a big problem. Not big enough to stop me, but he could still throw them off. He's the only one that can. If only I could just kill him, it'd make everything easier. No one would stand in my way. If only. However, the thought of him throwing a half-assed plan is amusing. He could throw a million mages at me, and it'd do nothing. After all this time, I will get what I deserve. I will get the power I rightfully deserve. The Primes are just the first step. The thought of invading the other realms gets me going. I didn't crawl out of Pronahar for nothing. 

My heart beats faster and faster as I picture the world I will create. I will bring true hell to every creature in every realm. True chaos is what I crave. It's what I'm made for. 

My eyes flick towards my bedroom door as it opens, and Damien walks in. "And what can I do for you?" I ask playfully.

"I want to know the truth. I want to know what you are and where you came from."

I looked at him with a big smile on my face. "Is that all?"

"For now," He said, leaning against the door. "So, what are you?"

I look at the wall. "I'll answer that, but first, I want to know what you know about the other realms."

"The Human Realm, ours, Zisheolion, Acrilar, Terumos, Uxiathis, and Pronahar. I've been to most of them but Pronahar. I've heard weird things about that place."

"Such as?" I ask.

"It's a hellscape. Nothing but death and demons as far as the eyes can see. No one ever went there and left the same. I've heard that if you even step one foot in there, you will go insane. But those are just stories."

"Well, you're not wrong. It's indeed a hellscape. Anyone that's not a demon will go mad. Normal minds can't comprehend Pronahar," I say as I lay down. "It's truly horrifying."

The look on his face as it clicked was beautiful. "Are you saying you're a demon?"

"I'm not not saying that. To tell you the truth, I'm not entirely sure. I remember very little about my upbringing. All I remember is wanting to escape by any means. When I got chosen to be The Blood Prime, I got my chance." I clapped my hands together, which made him jump. "Pop quiz, how many Primes have there been? Of each magic type?"

"I'm not sure. I'd guess each has had more than one, right? Primes were the pioneers of magic."

"Incorrect!" I say, jumping off the bed. "Well, partially correct. Every magic type has had at least one Prime. Except for me."

"But that would make you-"

"Nope! Don't say it. I hate being reminded of my age. Let's just keep it at I look good for my age. So now you know, and before you ask, this isn't my real form. For the sake of everyone's sanity, I'll keep this form for now."

I could tell he was debating whether what I'm saying was true, which was fine. I may have left some things out, but that's for the best. "If you have any more questions, I'd be more than happy to answer them."

"Why do you hate Aiden so much?"

I tilted my head in confusion. "I don't know what you mean."

"You two were trying to kill each other a few days ago."

I burst out laughing. "That wasn't us trying to kill each other. Trust me; it would be much more exciting if we actually went all out. Aiden and I are..cut from the same cloth, so to speak. We're in our own league. He...completes me. I don't hate anyone. I have my beliefs, and he has his."

"Why don't you just kill him? It'd make things easier."

"How I wish I could. Sadly, Aiden is the only person I can't kill. So, I'll settle for annoying him and his little school. We'll make them see what kind of creature Aiden really is." A wolf-like grin spread across my face. "I can't wait."