Chapter 75: Damien

I've heard of dimensional blades, but I've never seen one in person. How does the Assassin Master have one? You'd have to possess great power and concentration in order to use it. It's hard to believe Jessie never tried to capture her. Then again, his magic can't work on those who are stronger than him or someone who is immune to blood magic. So what is she? Lady Silvia must have caught my glance and turned to me.

With a grin, she approached and, before I knew it had a blade to my throat. "And then there's you. If I hear any whisper of betrayal from anyone, I will personally see to your punishment. With you being a Prime, we can't kill you. However, as seen with Vincent, we can make you suffer."

I steady myself and narrow my eyes at her. "Please, don't try and intimidate me. I know what you're about. I just want my revenge on Jessie. That's it."

Lady Silvia smiled and backed away. "You would've made a great assassin. Too bad your soul is too tainted by evil." She turned her back to him. "Maybe it's not too late for you. Only time will tell."

"Alright, we'll split into groups. Booker, Emily, Adrian, and I will look for Blake. Vincent, Vergil, and Damien will eliminate any Abyss members that get in our way. Once we secure Blake, we all meet and take down Jessie and stop Dirrus from resurrecting. Understood?" Captian Leon said. I can still see the remnants of an assassin master. I can see where the guard dog gets his traits from. 

"Shouldn't I be a part of your group? I mean, I know where I'm going, and you'll just be stumbling around in the dark like fools," I laugh until I feel Vincent's arm hook around my neck and forcibly pulls me in like were friends.

"Fools, huh?" Vincent laughed. "Well, be that as it may, I think they can find their way around. And don't worry." He reached into his pocket and waved around a piece of paper. "I drew them a map."

"From my memories," I say as I struggle to get out of his hold. "Get off me!"

"Come on, D. I thought we were buds," Vincent laughed. 

I glare at him. "When the hell did I say that?"

Captain Leon coughed loudly and gotten all of our attention. "We need to make haste and leave now. We're wasting time." He turned to the tear and looked inside. "I don't see anyone. We should be clear to enter." Vincent finally let me go and handed the map over to Leon. "Much appreciated."

"No worries," Vincent said, whistling as he walked back over to me.

Captian Leon looked to Emily and Booker. "Are you two ready? We can't show any fear in there. No hesitation. The slightest uncertainty will cost us."

"Yes," Emily said. She was scared but tried to hide it. 

"Always ready," Booker said. 

Captian Leon nodded to the group and walked through the tear. We all followed him, and once we were inside, the tear closed behind us. Stitching itself like someone mending a cloth. "Well, good fortune to your group. The rest of you with me." He started walking down the corridor. 

Vincent patted me so hard on my back that I felt like I would cough up a lung. "Let's get going, bud," He laughed as we walked in the opposite direction. 

I turned back and watched Leon's group leave. Based on our position, they should be heading in the right direction. I wonder if they'll run into any members? No, that's not the right question. When will they run into someone? Vincent saw me in my thoughts and let out a long whistle. "Do you always look so intense?"

"Are you always so annoying? And be quiet. Do you want them to know we're here?" I ask.

"I ask myself the same question every day," Vergil said. "You get used to it."

Vincent rolled his eyes and took in a deep breath. "BOY, IT SURE IS DARK DOWN HERE! I WONDER IF ANYONE'S AROUND!"

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" I ask as footsteps rush towards us. Five Abyss members appear out of the shadows. "Stop! I'm escorting these two to Jessie," I lie.

"We don't take orders from you," One of the members says as his hand shoots out, and he sends a dagger flying towards my head. Until Vincent plucks the blade out of the air and sends it back right between the eyes of its sender. The rest of them took a step back.

"Now, that wasn't very nice. I just wanted to talk, but since you started it, I guess I could indulge you. Ready, Verg?"

Vergil sat his bag down. "Yep, just don't get greedy. I still haven't had breakfast yet."

"Me? You're the one who always eats too much!" Vincent said. He shook his head and looked at me. "Mind cooking them a bit? I'm feeling like some charred meat."

My aura bursts forward, and flames cover my body. "I'm not your damn chef. They tried to hurt me. Stupid but ballsy. What you do with the ashes when I'm done is on you."

"Lightly cooked, not ashes! What kind of friend are you?" Vincent asked.

"Um, guys?" Vergil asked while pointing down the hall as more members ran towards us.

Vincent's glowing eyes burned with hunger. "Well, well. Looks like there's enough to go around."