Chapter 49: Booker

This is getting ridiculous. No matter how much electricity I throw at him, he keeps coming at me. Guess crazy makes you stronger. It doesn't matter, though. He's getting tired. All I have to do is just wait him out. 

"Will...you...just...die!" Damien said, punctuating each word with a fire blast.

"Hey, I thought you said you can't kill me?" I say. I can't help but enjoy this a little. The anger on his face was a clear sign he was starting to slip. The first rule of Greyson is always have and keep the upper hand. "You're not going to win this. You've never beat me, and I don't see that ever happening."

"Is that what they teach at the sad excuse for a warrior school? Too much confidence could be the death of you," Damien said. He raised his hand as small glowing red dots appeared all over the ground. "Dodge this." A twisted smile stretched across his face until something sharp pierced his side. The bright spots on the ground disappeared as Damien lost his concentration and stumbled. "What the hell?" He growled as he turned around. 

"So, you're supposed to be The Pyro Prime? How disappointing," Captin Leon said, shaking his head. 

"Dad?" I ask. "How are you here?"

My father's eyes locked on mine. Without him saying anything, I knew he had a lot to tell me. "Booker, go find Emily. I'll handle this one."

Damien growled and shot his hand up. My father saw it coming, bent Damien's hand behind his back, and pushed him to the ground restraining him. "Get off of me!" Damien spat. He tried incinerating my father, but nothing happened. The shock on his face was genuine. "How?"

Out of the corner, Instructor Hawkins came out from behind a burning tree. "Nice to see the limiter is working. It's a prototype, but it seems to be effective even against a Prime." His eyes locked onto mine. "Ah, nice to see you, Booker."

"Same?" I say, unsure of what's going on. "Don't take this the wrong way, but how are you both alive right now?"

My father held up another dagger. "A little assassin magic. It neutralizes any magical abilities for a while. Normally, the dagger would finish the job, but since he's a Prime, he'll be fine. What makes it better is that he can't remove it."

Damien tried to remove it, but the blade wouldn't budge. "No!"

I brush myself off and walk over to my dad. "Thank you," I say.

"Booker, there's something I need to tell you. Something I promised your mother I wouldn't until her power finished transferring to you."

My expression saddened as I knew what he was going to say. "I'm a Prime. So it's true? That means mom was one."

"We're all learning things today," He said. I could tell there was a story there, but I had other things to think about. "I need to find-"

"Booker!" My heart sang as I saw Emily floating in the air. Her face lit up as she flew over to me and hugged me. "I was so scared you were hurt."

"I'd be lying if I said I wasn't," I laugh. "You're flying? How?"

"I heard my dad. He helped me understand my Aero side."

"So, what you're saying is the library was a waste of time?" I smirk. I gently kiss her on the lips and take a step back.

"I never said that," She laughed. Her body was covered in a soft teal aura. Her skin was cool to the touch. Suddenly, all the joy on her face disappeared. "Blakes' in danger. He saved me by pushing Jessie into a portal."

I could feel my blood run cold. "He did what? That idiot!" I take a deep breath and shale my head. "Where's Aiden? Maybe he can help?" Emily and my father shared the same look. "What?"

 "Aiden isn't the man you think he is," My father said. "In fact, he and Jessie are part of the same being. He told me himself."

Damien's eyes widened. "Wait, what? Jessie said he was a demon."

Dad looked down and pressed hard on Damien's arm, which caused him to groan. "Be silent."

"How are we going to find him?" Emily asked. "We don't even know where Abyss is."

I turn to Damien. "Lucky for us, we have a guide."