Chapter 48: Emily

"What do I do?" I think as Jessie stands there staring at me. He acted like Blake wasn't even there. 

"Oh, look, a volunteer," Jessie laughed. Jessie tilted his head to the side. At first, nothing happened, then Blake's body began lurching forward. He gripped his head as if he was trying to keep it from popping off. Blake screamed in agony as he dropped to the ground.

"Blake!" I scream, rushing towards him.

He shoots his arm out. "Stay back!" He shouted as he looked at me with bloodshot eyes.

"You can stop this," Jessie said. He waved his hand, and a portal appeared. "Walk through, and he'll be spared. Don't, and this will only get worse."

I couldn't speak as Blake violently coughed up blood. He looked at me with a "Don't you dare" look in his eyes. I had to do something. "Okay," I say.

"Okay?" Jessie asked with a smile. He snapped his fingers, and Blake's screaming stopped and was replaced with a groan. Jessie gestured towards the portal. "After you."

  I take a few steps towards the portal and then stop. "Before I go in, why do you want all the Primes?"

"Simple, I want what I lost a very long time ago back. Once I get that, then everything will be right. Trust me; you're safer with me than here with Aiden. This whole place is nothing more than him trying to make up for the past. Or at least he wants to believe that. He doesn't really care about these mages. They're just tools for him. He's really just a cold-hearted bastard."

"Takes one to know one," Blake coughed. 

"True, but at least I don't try to hide it," Jessie laughed. "Aiden and I are the same, so it makes sense. Or we used to be. We will be again soon enough. Whether he wants to or not."

I was about to ask more, but then I felt something push me back hard. My body slams into the wall, and I slide to the ground. When I look back, I see Blake running and tackling Jessie into the portal as it closes behind them. My vision starts to darken as I fight to stay conscious. 

"Get up, Emily," A voice says in my head. "You need to get out of here."

I know this voice. It felt so familiar, but I couldn't place it. "Who are you?" I ask as my vision starts to return. 

"You forgot me already?" The voice laughed. "Maybe I can help you remember." Suddenly, a rushing wind whirls around me. Creating a small tornado around my body and lifting me into the air. "I always enjoyed Aero magic. How I wish I could've shown you. Now this power is yours. My daughter."

Tears began flowing down my face. "Dad?"

"I'm so proud of you. However, you need to know all you can about Aero magic to save your friend.  Get ready."

"Ready? Ready for wha-" I scream as a wave of magic pulsates out of me. Knowledge I never knew floods my brain like a dam bursting. It was too much. The air began picking up and throwing things around the room. The wind was so loud it sounded like a train speeding towards me. Suddenly, everything stopped and went silent. The wind in the room was still raging but where I floating it was calm. I was in the eye of the tornado. I stretch out my hand and the air settled as I gently floated back to the ground. I smile at what I just did. "That was insane!"

"I'll say." I looked towards the entrance as Aiden stood there with a satisfied look on his face. "That was one hell of a show, Miss Graves."

My mouth wanted to return the smile but I could tell he was forcing his. "Where were you? Jessie was just here. Oh my god, Blake! He tackled Jessie into a portal. We need to go save him."

Aiden's smile disappeared and was replaced with a neutral expression. "We can't do that, Emily."

"What?" I ask. 

"It's too risky. We can't risk your safety. Blake is strong," Aiden said.

The air in the room started to turn cold as my anger grew. The confusion started to mix with that anger. "Jessie was right about you. I didn't want to believe him. I thought he was lying. If he was a Prime would you care?"

"I care about preserving our way of life. I care about making sure a certain evil creature stays gone if it's the last thing I do. We'll figure out a way to save him but now isn't the time. We need to make sure Booker is safe. Luckliy, The Terra Prime is still safe. We need to move before Jessie gets back. I'm sure you could take him but I'd rather not deal with him right now."

I can't believe what I'm hearing. He only cares about us. Not the regular mages. Not Blake. "I think it's best if you stay away from me. I'm going to go find Booker, and we're going to save our friend. With or without you," I say walking past him.