Chapter 8 - Not the one I expected

After a hour flight, I landed at Cochin Airport in Kerala aka God's Own Country

I exited the terminal, carrying my luggages and handbag. I looked around for the cab driver my PA Inaya had booked. But I couldn't find him.

I pulled out my phone from my handbag and double checked the driver's details.....his phone number, license, vehicle info, all that. I asked Inaya to send me all this earlier. You know just in case..

Only thing i didn't have was his background history. But that would be too much. Still I could have gotten that too if I'd asked. Just kidding.

But seriously, when you're a girl traveling alone, safety is always your concern. And your mind starts racing with all the what ifs. Like What if he's a serial killer? ..what if...Ugh ok I know I know I'm dark. Anyway I shouldn't think like that... positive vibes only, Aditi.

Just as I was about to give him a call, my phone rang. It was him.

"Hello, Ma'am. This is Ranjith. Your driver"

"Ah Chetta, I'm at entrance. Where are you?," I asked.

Chetta or chettan means brother in malayalam language.

Just then a loud thunderclap boomed right above me.

"I'm at the entrance too. Can you tell me what you're wearing or dress colour something, Ma'am? So I can spot you," the driver requested.

I checked myself out, then said

"Alright.. I'm wearing a bright yellow top and blue jeans. I've got two luggages with me, one's pink and the other's yellow. And I'm just taking off my sunglasses and waving at you now where ever you are"

"Yeah I saw you, ma'am," he said ending the call. And so am I. I mean I spotted him too. it was the same man from the license.

After putting my luggage in the trunk, I jumped into the back seat with my handbag. He hit the road.

Few mins went by. I rolled down the window and started clicking photos of the view outside. Sent them to Shirley. Then i took a selfie and sent that over too. Just to let her know I'd arrived.

"First time in Kerala, Ma'am?"  driver asked, glancing up at me in the rearview mirror.

"No chetta I've been here three times already," I replied, scrolling through my WhatsApp

"And chetta please call me Aditi....no need to be formal. Ma'am makes me feel old or something and i'm literally younger than you.!" I said, sitting cross legged on the seat, with my legs folded.