Team Arch 22: Dwindle & Buildup

WARNING: One of the Digimon characters gets killed off in this one. You'll see why I did that.

----------

I posted this movie on DeviantArt on July 19 of last year, 3 days after Philece Sampler's 68th birthday.

Or what could've been.

----------

During the events of Movie 9, Joe visits to the Tachikawa house, where he confesses his love for Mimi, who does the same thing. As time goes by, the two began dating, and the others weren't aware until the Arch Foundation started. However, things go wrong when Joe finds Mimi feeling ill. Rushing her to the hospital, Joe, his family, and Mimi's family learn that Mimi is suffering from a sudden heart problem. As the doctors do what they could, Joe alerts Tai about Mimi's problem, prompting Tai to leave for Odaiba.

Picking up from the previous movie, Tai rushes over to the hospital to meet up with the two families and Joe, who hopes for Mimi to recover. Just as they begin to wait, Tai and Joe receive a message from their friends in the Digital World about a new threat attacking some of the village. After some assurance from the two families, Tai and Joe go on their first adventure into the Digital World in years.

Back in Sacramento, the Arch Foundation is still struggling to find a partner, but their luck soon changes when a music company in New York calls them about a Love Live styled tournament. They decide to enter the μ's girls to see if a reaction would turn up from someone.

Using Tai's laptop, the boys enter the Digital World, where they reunite with the Digidestined Digimon, who are happy to see them, minus Palmon, who is concerned about Mimi after Joe gave her the news. The boys and the Digimon begin their investigation into the crisis, while Palmon secretly leaves to find Mimi.

While preparing for the live and doing their training in New York City, μ's and the rest of Team Arch continue to enjoy themselves as tourists as well, but when it starts raining, Rin, Maki, and Hanayo cheer them up with their signature song, "Hello, Hoshi o Kazoete" (Hello,星を数えて). During their journey around New York, Honoka notices the same lone Japanese female singer from long ago performing on the streets, and introduces the team after being charmed by her beautiful voice singing "As Times Go By". On the way back to the hotel, the singer tells her own backstory, saying that she and Honoka are the same. The singer also used to perform music with her close friends, and ended up alone in New York after many encounters and partings. The team decide to invite the singer to the tournament, but when they reach the entrance, the singer vanishes just like last time. SpongeBob begins to think that the singer might be a wiser adult Honoka from the future, but is unable to figure out how to prove it. μ's then performs "Angelic Angel" in New York's Times Square and Central Park for the first round. Impressed the judges allow them to advance.

During their investigation in one of the villages, Tai and Joe discover tracks leading to another village. Soon, they theorize that the perpetrator is deliberately letting them follow the trail, prompting them to tread carefully. Along the way, the team talks about their first adventure from long ago.

With the second round show imminent, μ's figure out another song to use, but the rest of Team Arch have trouble helping them, after they discover that the girls had become tremendously popular once again, with the whole of New York covered in their advertisements and goods. Since the video from New York was broadcast across the world, the girls are now global stars, needing to sneak around wearing disguises, with Eli, Nozomi, and Nico using their signature song. "?← Heartbeat" (Hate na Heartbeat), as they begin to reminisce on their Akihabara fiasco. Returning to their hotel room, the girls reminisce on their decision to disband after Eli, Nozomi, and Nico's graduation, with Umi thinking about her decision to leave the student council. Kotori's mother, Principal Minami, also calls them about how she too wishes them to continue even if they have to reinvent themselves as something other than school idols. While Honoka is fretting over the hectic memories at night, a male voice calls her about discussing a word of advice. Honoka recognizes the voice, but couldn't figure the identity out.