Team Arch 7: Double Minds

There's character made by the DeviantArt user that made Smith.

-~=-~=-~=-

Phoenix Foundation officer Angus MacGyver II investigates a crime wave by a group of criminals called the Rot Warriors, who seem human on the outside, but possess dark power. At a dockyard at night, MacGyver sees a battalion of Rot Warriors raiding cargo containers. After an unseen vigilante attacks the thieves, MacGyver notices a symbol left behind. While one of his coworkers, Desiree "Desi" Nguyen, and fellow ally, Russell "Russ/Rusty" Taylor are oblivious to his story, coworkers, Riley Davis and Wilt Bozer, and Operations Director Matilda "Matty" Webber believe him and decide to investigate the matter. Later, while covering a charity event thrown by Sutter Industries, MacGyver expresses gratitude to the company's CEO Elton Sutter, who was his late uncle's lab partner.

Frustrated by the vigilante, the Rot Warriors' leader, Lord Hallow, has a battalion of his warriors take hostages at a subway station to draw him out. The Phoenix team, who are witnessing this, inadvertently become hostages themselves. Alerted by this, a quintet of mysterious figures arrive, take out the battalion, and free the hostages. While Riley and Bozer guide the hostages out, MacGyver follows the quintet to a rooftop and is shocked to see that the vigilantes are four kids and an anthropomorphic sea sponge, who inadvertently knocks MacGyver unconscious after noticing his camera. When MacGyver regains consciousness, the sponge advises him not to tell anyone of them, which he agrees to, but wishes to know more about them. As the quintet leaves, MacGyver overhears one of the kids calling the sponge by his name: SpongeBob.

The team return to the Phoenix Foundation office and look over "Project Traveller", a science experiment that MacGyver's uncle worked on, which involved a young girl named Vylan Hanley and an anthropomorphic sea sponge named Smith SquarePants, who turns out to be SpongeBob's long lost cousin. They also discover that SpongeBob and the four kids, Taichi "Tai" Kamiya, Sakura Kinomoto, Yugi Muto, and Nathan "Nate" Adams, have been doing a lot of business in Japan. Unable to find anything else about them, they got to Sutter's estate where they confide in him about their discovery. Sutter believes them and reveals that Project Traveller had involved an experimental portal machine that allows people to travel through different dimensions. The project was a success, when Vylan, Sutter's niece, had encountered and fallen in love with Smith, who comes through the portal out of curiosity. A year after the success, all records about the project were sealed away, when an explosion happened in the lab, resulting in the disappearance of Smith, and the death of MacGyver's uncle, but unbeknownst to anyone, Vylan still uses a copy of the machine to travel through different dimensions to look for Smith.

At SpongeBob's behest, the kids bring MacGyver, Riley, Bozer, and Matty to their hideout. SpongeBob explains to the Phoenix Team about his many adventures with the kids and their friends as well as how their version of the portal machine, the Super Portal, was made. When MacGyver reveals they told Sutter about their discovery of the quintet, SpongeBob reveals that he heard rumors from his family that Sutter was the one behind the explosion. So, the two teams decide to investigate if the rumors are true.

However, the Rot Warriors attack the hideout, wounding Matty and incapacitating SpongeBob and Sakura while the boys are captured. The Phoenix team comes out of hiding and the new quintet hatch a plan to save the others. At Sutter's estate, he has the boys' blood drained to create an antidote to a deadly virus that he and Hallow hope to flood San Francisco with, believing he will become rich from people seeking his cure. The new quintet storm the estate and free the boys. The group then escapes the compound in pursuit of Sutter.

On Sutter's radio tower in the city, Sutter and Hallow plant a device that will flood the city with the toxin while Sutter is creating a healing serum. Riley and Bozer subdue Sutter in the lab, while the quintet and MacGyver are battling Hallow on the roof. During the fight, the tower's support beams collapse. As the group tries to keep it from falling and infecting the city, Riley and Bozer confronts Hallow with the healing serum. In the struggle, the tower collapses and the group pulls Riley and Bozer onto it with them, while Hallow falls to the street and is captured by the police. Believing they are about to die, SpongeBob and MacGyver apologize to each other for what happened to Smith and MacGyver's uncle before they land harmlessly on the street. They vanish before the citizens find them and return to the sewers, where they give Matty the serum and she begins to recover.

Sometime later, MacGyver meets with SpongeBob to tell him that he and the Phoenix team are heading to their main headquarters. SpongeBob gives MacGyver a locket, with a picture of Vylan, Smith, and MacGyver's uncle in it, as a farewell gift. MacGyver mentions that his cousin will enjoy having a friend like SpongeBob, before leaving with the Phoenix team. SpongeBob wonders who he's talking about and decides to do some research on the MacGyver family.