34-Monroe Vs. Monroe

Casey

I'm stressed out to the max.

Tonight is the night Rowan faces his brother for the first time this season and the first time I'll have seen Eric in person in over five years.

Fallon and Leo promised to be beside me the whole time but it didn't keep the nausea at bay.

Especially since Eric knew Rowan and I were a couple. I was worried about how he would be on the ice, and I didn't want Rowan getting hurt over it.

He didn't deserve to have to face Eric's wrath.

Just thinking about it has me running to the bathroom and emptying the contents.

I've been throwing up ever since Eric found out everything with Rowan and me but it's been getting worse the closer we get to the game.

Fallon told me this kind of stress can cause major health problems but I can't just calm down.

"Babe, you need to stop this." Fallon says as she pulls my hair back.

I heave again as she rubs my back reassuringly.

"I can't." I tell her and I wait until the feeling passes before I stand and make my way over to the sink to brush my teeth.

"You need to because Rowan's going to need your support tonight." She tells me, "you have me and Leo but who does he have?"

I know what she means. For so long everyone has been team Eric in the stands but tonight he would be able to find someone he knew that's team Rowan.

Taking a deep breath, Fallon leaves so I can shower and get ready for tonight.

I take some nausea medicine before I start the process of make up and hair.

I put on Rowan's jersey over my long sleeve top and Fallon gives me a thumbs up when she sees me.

"Let's support your man tonight, I hope Lennox checks Eric into the boards." She smiles wickedly.

I just hope the game goes smoothly.

I push the sick feeling in my stomach down as we make our way to the car to collect Leo and then head to the game.

"It'll be close but the Bruins are looking good this season." Leo says as we take our seats, "They mesh in a way the sharks wish they could."

I wish I had Leo's confidence right now but I was just a bundle of nerves.

I didn't doubt for a moment Rowan's talent but I knew Eric and how dirty he could play on the ice.

After that heated phone call with his brother the other night I wouldn't put it past him to pull something illegal just to prove a point.

Eric was known to be physical on the ice as well, something that made him a well loved player.

Right now I hoped he tripped on his skates and fell face first into the boards.

Before I knew it they were introducing the first team onto the ice and I watched as Rowan and Lennox skated out.

The next team is announced and I hear the cheers when Eric is announced.

The tension is immediate as he locks gaze with me and blows me a kiss.

Fallon fake gags beside me and I flit my eyes over to Rowan who's watching his brother closely.

"Oh this game is going to be tense." Fallon hisses and I nod.

Hopefully we all make it out on the other side.

🏒 🏒 🏒

Rowan

My head was going to explode.

Since the start of the game Eric has had his eyes set on me and making sure I'm constantly blocked.

I couldn't even do my job on the ice and because of that our team was suffering.

It didn't help that he kept sending Casey looks like he was her fucking boyfriend.

Newsflash dick face you had that title and lost it.

That title belonged to me now and I had no intention of giving it up.

Another fucked up check has me hitting the boards and the crowd gasping.

"Knock that shit off." I huff at Eric but he just smirks, "it's just a bit of fun little brother, what you can't handle it?"

Before I can respond he skates away.

I feel a gloved hand rest on my shoulder and Lennox shakes his head, "just let it be, it's not worth it."

I give him a nod before skating into position.

We're not doing hot but we're not doing awful either.

If we want to secure the win we're gonna have to be sharper though, especially with all the dirty moves the sharks are playing.

Another check has me fuming, especially when he gives me another one of those fucking smirks.

"I just want to know something little brother," he leans in, "Does she still suck dick like a porn star?"

I grip his jersey and slam him into the boards.

"What did you just say?" I ground out, blood pulsing through my veins as he laughs.

"You heard me. Come on, brother to brother, she's always been a good fuck. She may have been crazy but at least she was good for something."

That's when I lost it.

I don't remember throwing my gloves off or throwing a punch.

I just know it felt good to feel him crumbling beneath me.

I don't register the punch I took until I'm being yanked off of him by Lennox.

I find myself done for the night but I can't help regretting it, not when Eric is called out too.

We never had a good relationship but after tonight I don't think we could ever be more than enemies.

Monroe vs Monroe

(Rowan and Eric fight on the ice)