Chapter 2

It has been four months since the wedding and Miranda was over her parent's house visiting before she was going to go home to get ready for a date. She really did not want to go out with this guy. This was the third attempt at a third date because she kept cancelling with Eli LLoyd.

Their first two dates were alright, but she just did not find him very interesting. In fact, she found him to be a little full of himself. He was handsome but just not her type. She liked men who were medium to dark skinned and he was actually lighter than she liked her men to be. It wasn't colorism it was just what she preferred.

She also did not like the fact he expected sex on the third date. It was not something she got into lightly, but it just seemed like a deal breaker for him if he could not get into a woman's pants by the third dated. She did not want to have to tell him she was not sleeping with him and make the scene awkward.

She was talking to her mother but getting annoyed because she kept harping on the fact she was not married. Especially since she told her she was thinking about cancelling her date.

"Miranda, you need to go out and stop hanging around here with me and your father"

"Mom I just do not feel like it tonight"

"You never feel like getting out there and meeting men. You will never be married if you do not put yourself out there. You're not getting younger and no one is going to want you in a few years because you are going to be too old."

Miranda got upset and said

"Hey just because you married the first man you every slept........." she changed her tone quickly and said........"Mom marriage is not everything. I have a great career and I am happy with my family, friends and my work"

"Family, friends and work can't satisfy a woman's needs"

"Well maybe I can satisfy my own needs. I've been doing quite fine by myself" Miranda Snapped.

Her mother gasped.

"Look mom I have to go. I'll see you later"

She walked out of her mom's bedroom and walked passed her father.

"Baby girl don't be too hard on your mom she just wants the best for you"

Miranda rolled her eyes and kissed him on the cheek and left.

She got home and put her coat on the rack and purse on the table. She opened it to find her cell phone to call Eli. Make believing like she was sick....

Cough..." hey um Eli"

"Don't tell me...... you are cancelling?"

Cough... "yeah I'm not feeling well...I'm sorry"

"I'm beginning to think you are making excuses to not go out with me. Let's face it you're just not that into me. Well, listen Miranda, I am not in the business of pining over a woman who doesn't want me and can't see what they have in front of them, so you have a good life"

He hung up without letting Miranda reply. Miranda wasn't hurt she was actually glad he got the hint. She sighed a sigh of relief and went into her bedroom. She took off her clothes and took a shower. She turned on her T.V. and pulled out her computer to do some research for a surgery she had the next morning. She had fallen asleep and was awaken by the ringing of her phone.

"Hello"

Miranda answered groggily

"Hi is this Miranda Bailey?"

"Yes, it is who may I say is calling"

"Um my name is Dr. Benjiman Warren, and I got your number from....."